Can't make or receive calls on my droid incredible 2

kschaaf

Reaction score
When I try to make a call I get the following message:
[h=2]The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.[/h]The phone doesn't receive calls either. Everything else works great. Any suggestions? I removed the battery and re-started the phone, but the problem is still there. I also uninstalled the last several apps I downloaded in case they were the problem.

OP
K

kschaaf

Reaction score
I don't know what you mean....sorry

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm really curious what you were doing when this happened or right before - were you by any chance messing with any custom skins?

I went way up the ladder with HTC's support on this issue a few months ago - even got a few personal callbacks. You're only option is to do a factory reset with that error (at least it was a couple of months ago). Something gets in there and screws with the framework somehow... it's messed up.

It seems correlated, sometimes, with the way the apps will flicker when you load them up under settings to clear data/cache as well... It's very odd.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Okay, you're not rooted. :D Sounds like you need to do a factory reset, unfortunately.

OP
K

kschaaf

Reaction score
Nothing's ever easy, is it?? Thanks. And no one was messing around with custom skins. :)