Can't Make Calls (again), Etc

jerryc41

Reaction score
A while back I posted that sometimes I could not make calls with my Droid X, although I could receive them, sort of. Even though the phone rang, and I answered it, there was no communication.

Last week I discovered a similar, related problem. I was unable to receive calls. I tried to call my cell from my house phone. I heard the ringing tone in the phone I was using to call, but my phone acted like nothing was going on. I tried this several times, and then rebooted. That solved the problem. Maybe the problem with the randon reboots some people are experiencing is that the phone knows it isn't working right, so it reboots itself. That's why they call them Smartphones. (Only kidding. of course.)

9wire

Reaction score
Today, for the first time ever, I had trouble making calls. Dial, and nothing would happen until it timed out and I got an error saying "call not connected, retry or cancel?". 2 reboots fixed it. Sometimes after dialing it takes almost 30 seconds before it starts ringing. Strange and a little frustrating.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Beka27

Reaction score
This happened to me one day last week. For about 20 minutes I would try to call people and not get the ringing sound. I asked my husband if he had received or missed any calls from me... He said no, so the calls never went thru.

I posted in the "random reboot" thread about the issues I've been experiencing. It's getting frustrating.

(from Beka's DX)