Can't Maintain Wifi Connection

tomfort

Reaction score
Greetings all. I've been having trouble with my wifi since moving from stock froyo to rooted BB v0.5.

It is just a matter of time until it stops working and I have to dis/re-enable the wifi to get it going again. Remote RDP seems to mess it up the fastest, though just idling at the home screen with imo, skype, and the weather network widget running eventually kills the wireless as well. But even then, the range it lasts is 5 seconds - 2 minutes, max. Completely unusable.

Has anyone else run into a similar problem? I've done some searches, but didn't find anyone else with the same problem. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Beefloafian

Reaction score
I have had this problem too, I'm running froyo darkedge over metickones clean froyo, and I can rarely get more than 4 Mb downloaded before it cut's out. any help would be great!

OP
T

tomfort

Reaction score
Beefloafian, try updating your baseband with the clockwork rom manager if you haven't already. Go to download roms, bb, then updates & additions. I had assumed this was included with bbv0.5, but clearly not.

Now I just need to figure out how to force the wifi never to sleep, and I'll be happy. Will search around for that and post a new thread if I can't figure it out...

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The latest baseband is also on Pete's website under downloads (www.peteralfonso.com). I'd also suggest trying different kernels as WiFi issues are normally resolved with them.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)