Can't lunch ClockWorkMod Recovery, please help

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mnu, Mar 11, 2011.

1. mnu

mnu New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Droid 1 -> Cyanogenmod
    Hi =)
    I've rooted my v2.1. With ROM manager I couldn't reboot in a Clock work mod (however I flashed it before). Sprecovery gave me verification error for update.zip of cyanogen mod.
    I copied OpenRecovery, and with its help I installed cyanogenmod, but it didn't boot, throwing Bootloader error like 'Err:A5,69,4E,00,23'.
    Then with RSD Lite I flashed a 2.2 ROM (.sbf), and it worked (still works).
    I rooted it, again insalled ROM manager, it again downloaded clockwork 2.5.0.7. And I again can't reboot in it. Or when I choose zip from SD, phone reboots, installation progress bar appears for a second than a traingle sign and phone reboots.
    Response from Openrecovery is the same.

Please tell me, where did I go wrong? How can I get cyanogenmod on my dancedroid ?

#1 mnu, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  2. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    Clockwork Notes:

The first thing about Clockwork is trying to get Rom Manager to flash a good copy onto your phone. Here is a fool proof method to determine whether you have a good copy before trying to reboot into it. Begin by scrolling down and flashing the alternative recovery – SpRecovery. After it successfully loads, scroll up and flash Clockwork. If it takes longer than 3-5 seconds to get the popup telling you the install was successful, reflash it over and over until you do get that popup in 3-5 seconds. Once that happens, you have a good install.

Once you have rebooted into Clockwork and are navigating through its menu, if at any time it hesitates that means it is about to reboot automatically. When Clockwork does reboot and the screen goes dark, immediately press and hold the X key until the phone reboots back into Clockwork. Clockwork will now be totally stable until you finish.

If the first thing you do with Clockwork, during any particular session, is to try and make a Nandroid backup and you get an error message (without regard to what it says), you should just wait a few seconds and not do anything. That is because Clockwork is about to reboot the phone. As stated above, as soon as the screen goes dark, press and hold the X key until the phone reboots back into Clockwork. Then start over and Clockwork will work as it was intended for the rest of the session.

3. Alvarez13

Alvarez13 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm also having a problem getting access to my recovery. I can only flash clockworkmod to 2.5.0.1. I can't go back to SPR or any of the other clockworkmod versions. When I restart and try to get into my recovery menu, it just gives me the triangle with ! and nothing else and then continues to bootup.

I was hoping to do cyanogen or bugless to get this stupid OTA update from bugging me constantly. I'm currently on 2.2. Let me know if I need to provide more info.

4. jeffv2

jeffv2 Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    seems you still have the stock recovery.
    and openrecovery is for the milestone, at least i think so.

5. Alvarez13

Alvarez13 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yep, I'm still on stock recovery. However, I'm already rooted. How do I get clockwork then? Flash it through RSD like I did before I rooted? Any easier ways.

6. jeffv2

jeffv2 Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    i was mislead by the title of the thread at first... lunch, but anyway use rommanager

Search tags for this page
can't enter cwm recovery

can't get into cwm recovery

can't access clockwork recovery

cannot boot captivate into rom manager recovery

cant boot into clockwork mod on captivate
clockworkmod install lunch