1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can't login to Exchange account with BB Froyo build...

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by chr1sny, Jun 11, 2010.

1. chr1sny

chr1sny New Member

Hello all,

I performed a search already but could not find anything helpful.

Has anyone had problems logging into their Exchange account after installing the BB Froyo ROM?

When I try to setup my account and enter in my email address and PW, I get an incorrect email address/PW error. I have retyped both a hundred times but cannot get past this step.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I had this problem with the other Froyo build that was available int he Stock Images section of ROM Manager.
  2. lazarus2297

lazarus2297 New Member

i have a similar problem... well maybe... I have an application called work mail (old HTC app) that is the only app that i can find that will active sync with my work email (which uses exchange server)... but since froyo (stock build and pete's) the app force closes instantly upon selecting the app icon...

i really like having some of the features of 2.2 but I have really hated having to use an acutal PC to get my work email
  3. chr1sny

chr1sny New Member

Can anyone shed some light on this?
  4. chr1sny

chr1sny New Member

Is anyone able to login to their exchange acct?
  5. ITguy11

ITguy11 New Member

I am not having any problems with Froyo and exchange. Actually the support for exchange policies got better.
  6. Redflea

Redflea New Member

I've had zero issues as well...I've done a lot of flashing (and re-flashing) this ROM over the past few days, and exchange account setup always went flawlessly. My company is on 2007...

Too obvious to state, but I assume you're being really careful to get your log-in credentials right.
  7. dan.wright

dan.wright New Member

I had this problem and ended up putting in a dummy email and password and it then took me to the manual setup page for the Exchange/OWA server. Corrected my username, password, domain, etc., and it worked like a champ then. Might be worth a shot.
  8. GTiceman

GTiceman New Member

I went into the Email program itself and set-up my exchange server manually there. It works great now for me as I was having problems before trying to set it up under the accounts screen. This is probably what Dan was talking about.
  9. itwaswritten

itwaswritten New Member

Exchange has been flawless, maybe even better then before if thats possible.. I'm not using any special mail apps or anything.
  10. chr1sny

chr1sny New Member

Thanks Dan, I will try this tomorrow.
  11. chr1sny

chr1sny New Member

What do you mean by this? You can setup the email account without going to Home>Settings>Accounts>Add Account>Add Corporate ??
  12. tsnstuff

tsnstuff New Member

I'm having no problems setting up the Exchange email. My problem is after I set it up. It takes all the credentials fine, but then most of the time it just says "Unable to connect" or something similar in the email app when I try to check the email. But then other times it does connect.

My biggest issue however was how hot the phone was getting after I setup my exchange email. I took out the exchange email yesterday and my phone worked all day great, battery lasted all day.

But today while at work my roommate who also works in the same place was complaining about how his phone was hot and not charging. His battery was down to 20% while mine still said 100%. I told him to get rid of the exchange email (he's using simply stunning by the way) and after that his phone started to actually take the charge.

So I don't know if it's a froyo problem or if it's just a problem with OUR exchange server, maybe it is having problems connecting and just keeps trying over and over and over. I just don't know.

Right now I'm thinking of maybe using some other method to get my work emails and calendar. Not sure how though.
  13. ITguy11

ITguy11 New Member

Get Touchdown for Exchange. Well worth the money, it blows away the stock email app. All problems solved.
  14. Redflea

Redflea New Member

If you launch the email app w/out having an account set up, it prompts you to set up an account.

Once you enter your email add and password you can also then choose a "Manual" button that gets enabled...
  15. GTiceman

GTiceman New Member

Hmm mine seems to be working fine so I don't know. no excess battery drain and it connects fine with my exchange server for mail and calendar.

On a side note I think it is funny that there was a Windows phone add at the bottom of the page.
Search tags for this page
cannot login incorrect username password exchange 2010 black
cant log into anything android
get wright state email sent to android
how to put wright state email on android
logging into exchange email on android
setting up wright state email on android
sync wright state email with samsung
wright stare email domain for andriud
wright state email android

wright state email on android