Can't log in!

Hexus

Reaction score
Well I'm at a loss. I've cleared cookies and cache tried a different browser even tried on my laptop and can't log in except from my Droid. I've never logged in from my Droid before so its not like its a problem where I'm double logged in or something. Am I going to have to reregister? I'm pretty confident its not an issue on my end since I've tried all that.

smrivera80

Reaction score
None of the ideas mentioned in this thread worked for me, unfortunately. It took an email to an admin and a password reset to get me up and running again. If anyone needs to do the same, you can find the "contact us" link on the main page of the site, as part of an article about the login problems.

Thanks, Dan! :)

haproot

Reaction score
Same issue here.. Firefox will not let me log in. I've cleared the cookies/cache several times it still refuses. I have to use IE. Even then IE will eventually stop working and i have to clear cookes and that fixes it for IE, but I can't use firefox at all. right now this is the only site i'm forced to use IE with.

Hexus

Reaction score
yea I can now get in with IE but not Firefox, sucks because I can't stand IE

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
FWIW my browser is Safari and I'm on a Mac. I was surprised I had to reboot but it did work.

If you need to pm either JimMariner or Miami1683 to log you in.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have loaded a new version of V Bulletin. Delete your cookies, clean your cache, reboot and you should be OK.

I wish this forum had been setup using beehive instead of V Bulletin, it is much less prone to these kind of issues and the framed threads makes it way easier to navigate.

The clearing cache and cookies is certainly not optimal either. Since just clearing any DroidForum.net cookies does not fix it yet a full cookie wipe does for a couple log in's and then loses the sign in again.
This also leaves the end user with having to reset setting for other sites which can be a pain if you have many with custom setups.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

Well, unfortunately for some people, myself included, that's the fix. Anyway it's a good idea to clean out your cookies once in a while. This is the first time it's happened to me. We're kind of stuck with what we got for now. And it seems like only a few people are really having issues, most users seem to be logging on just fine.

RedBull

Reaction score
I'm currently logged in using Safari because no matter what I've done, nothing has worked. I've received a few emails from Dan and it still has not worked.

I'm not a fan of Safari and have pretty much always used IE...but it seems I'm stuck with this if Hookbill is right and only a few users have this issue.

Just sucks to go backwards to improve...imo...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try Firefox. One if the other mods is using that and it worked fine.:)

tommyz

Reaction score
I wasn't about to clear my cookies just to get access to one website. Well, I tried the idea of logging in via the mobile site and that worked.

Is there a way to just clear cookies for only this site? It seems the only option I saw was to clear all my cookies.