1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

can't lock phone with lock/power button

Discussion in 'Rescue Squad Help' started by joec1979, Apr 9, 2010.

1. joec1979

joec1979 New Member

Fixed my root access problem by re-installing ud 9.1.8. Now my problem is I can't lock my phone using the power/lock button. If I reboot into recovery and do a nandroid system restore what exactley will the do? I backed up before re-install and recovered data.
  2. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Premium Member Premium Member

Nandroid basically dumps all of your important files onto the sd card so that you can install them over whatever you've added after you made the backup.

Example:
    I'm running Bugless Beast, but I decide I want to try out UD.
    I create a nandroid backup of Bugless Beast and name it BB992 (or whatever)
    I then install UD using the nandroid method
    I decide I don't like UD and want my BB back.
    I perform an advanced nandroid restore and select BB992 to revert to what I had before the install, checking all of the options to restore except recovery.

Now, if you mean a factory reset instead of a nandroid system restore, that's a whole other ballgame...

Let me know if that makes sense/answers your question, or if you have other questions! Sorry it's taken so long for you to get a response. If you've already figured your issue out, I'm glad, but if not, I'll do what I can to help you out!
Search tags for this page
cannot lock my android
cant lock my phome
cant lock my phone
cant lock phone
i cannot lock my android
i cant lock my android

i cant lock my phone

i cant lock my phone anymore
my android cant lock
phone won't lock
power button cannot lock