Can't keep promotional 4Gb/$30 data plan on upgrade

reybie

Reaction score
Tried an upgrade to an S4 yesterday at a reseller kiosk and today at a corporate store. The kiosk guys tried to keep my data plan but the corporate store one didn't even try. I will probably have to just pay full price, the question now is where to get it without being taxed on the whole thing.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Look at the plan options I was going to get 5gb with 1400 minutes and the price was actually better than I thought.

Proudly from Beer Tent Capital of the World

OP
R

reybie

Reaction score
Tried again at best buy mobile, their site gives you the option to keep existing data but the Verizon system will not let it go through without a change or downgrade. A rep was at the store and he said that I should be able to keep the plan. Long story short, Verizon said change it to 2GB to be able to activate then call customer service to have them put it back. I had the rep note my account so I hopefully do not get the runaround tomorrow. Crossing my fingers.

Jumpman024

Reaction score
Good luck convincing Verizon to switch you back to a no longer existing plan. I bet the system won't even allow it. Reps will tell you anything to make a sale, their opinion means essentially nothing