Can't Install With Rom Manager

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by phaze3131, Aug 21, 2010.

1. phaze3131

phaze3131 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys, how can I install this ROM. I do it with ROM manager but downloads and just reboots so no real way to install it.

thanks for the help.

2. TedWilliams

TedWilliams Member

Born in Cambridge, MA but now live in Portland, OR
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's likely because your recovery is broken. Open up rom manager and reflash the clockworkmod recovery at the top, then try installing SS. You should have no problems then.

3. tameone

tameone Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I suspect your phone is unable to boot into whatever recovery you're using. If you're using the latest version of clockwork recovery, try flashing an older one. Newest doesn't work for me either, but 2.0.2.4 does

4. Shikazu

Shikazu New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same problem with RM some time back. What worked for me is to go into Settings and check "Erase Recovery". After that, I was able to flash the latest version of Clockwork and I've had no problems since through several updates.

5. Deronn

Deronn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Another reason for this might be a bad micro card. I have one that won't mount when I reboot. Every time I try to boot to recovery or install via ROM Manager it just hangs for a second on the recovery menu, then jumps to boot animation before I can use any of the menu options. Card works fine once I have phone up - can access it via ASTRO and through USB connection and read/write files. Thought I had a recovery issue so reflashed over and over with no luck. Tried switching to SPRecovery, same issue. Tried reformatting micro card, no luck. Finally installed an old micro card I had and works like a charm no matter what recovery i use. It's only a 2GB card, so I've got to run out and get a new 16GB card sometime - but I don't have this one maxed out yet.

6. gavron

gavron Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    GOOD NEWS EVERYONE.

Search for "Clockwork". One out of three threads are because it screwed up someone's machine.

When you use a hammer all items appear to be nails...

CLR is a broken hammer. That means it's not good for Screws, Nut, Bolts, or nails.

E

7. jleeusa

jleeusa Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I like the convenience of RM, but after having some problems with downloads not happening I have just stuck with installing zip files with Clockwork. I don't think Clockwork is the problem, its RM. When I boot into recovery and choose to install zip from SD card I have yet to have a prob. FYI, it doesn't need to be named update.zip. I will just copy a few things to SD card and install at my leisure through Clockwork. I know its not everyones preference, but its been working for me. Hope it helps a bit.

8. tantheman4

tantheman4 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    newest recovery didnt work for me but i read this post and 2.0.2.4 did the trick thanks guys!

9. daworld88

daworld88 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Rom Manager Issues

The latest Rom Manager wouldn't install any new roms or backup my current. When backing up it just rebooted. When installing a new rom it hit the white triangle with the yellow exclamation. What solved this was to hit the flash clockwork mod (even though it was already done and shows a good flash version) then hit backup. After reboot I had to hit the flash clockwork mod again and then installed the new rom. Worked like a charm.

Search tags for this page
can you install any rom with rom manager
cant install zip from rom manager
i cant install touch recovery through rom manager
rom manager doesent install rom
rom manager doesn't install rom
rom manager not installing

rom manager won't install rom

rom manager wont install rom

rom manager wont reboot and install rom
rom wont install rom manager