Can't install some apps

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I know you guys are super loyal to your ROMs, but have you tried a different ROM?

Sent from somewhere...

OP
VideoGameMatt

VideoGameMatt

Reaction score
I have barley been loyal to ROMs latley. I have tried quite a few roms over the past months and the ones i have probably stuck to the longest were BB .04 and Sapphire 1.0, I was just trying out cyanogen because i have always heard such good things about it and wanted to give it a shot. If anyone has a good ROM recommendation i will check it out.

OP
VideoGameMatt

VideoGameMatt

Reaction score
What makes the nightlies different? Are they just non fully tested builds that have the newest features?

catpaws

Reaction score
I don't think it's a rom issue. I am on CM 6 stable, and I had no problem installing angry birds.

OP
VideoGameMatt

VideoGameMatt

Reaction score
So i switched to sapphire 1.1.4 and it allowed me to install angry birds and the other app i was trying to install. And the odd thing is that when it was restoring my apps through the market i had no problem installing google search, car home and street view which have always given me problems. Software is a funny thing isn't it? Something can work perfectly for one person but work terribly for another.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Yeah, one thing I don't like about CM is how the app pack is such a lock you have to go into the terminal to uninstall them or reflash the app pack whenever it gets updated.

MaverickVirus

Reaction score
I'm having this exact problem and I have done everything that the OP did. I have also switched from BB v0.5 to Saphire 1.1 to CM6.0 on my Moto Droid and I have no luck. Any ideas?

MaverickVirus

Reaction score
Currently 73 MB. It should be set to auto I'll try setting to internal only

Update:
ADW Notifier FINALLY downloaded

What's still not downloading
Flash Player 10.1
Google Voice Callback Free
Light Grid Wallpaper
SNesoid
Gmail
Google Search

Now I do understand that CM always seems to run into issues with downloading official Google Apps... however other apps not working confuses me.
Take SNesoid for example... GBcoid downloaded fine and so did GameBoid (all apps made by same developer).
Ideas?

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
That's a market issue. Try downloading them one-by-one instead of all at once, and sometimes you have to cancel the download and restart it a few times. Google is supposedly working on the issue, but don't hold your breath.

xSZYDx

Reaction score
Angry Birds does the exact same thing to me. Downloads to 100% then fails to install...pisses me off cause i am running CM6 stable...where i installed it on my girlfriends Droid that is not rooted and it worked fine

Only thing I can think of which is what I'm gonna look into is that certain applications will not install if they are on your SD card. When I go back to Angry Birds in the market it says "manual update required"...but it is not installed on my phone, nor in my applications. So somehow it maybe got downloaded onto my SD card?

I'm going to look through my card now..

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Angry Birds does the exact same thing to me. Downloads to 100% then fails to install...pisses me off cause i am running CM6 stable...where i installed it on my girlfriends Droid that is not rooted and it worked fine

Only thing I can think of which is what I'm gonna look into is that certain applications will not install if they are on your SD card. When I go back to Angry Birds in the market it says "manual update required"...but it is not installed on my phone, nor in my applications. So somehow it maybe got downloaded onto my SD card?

I'm going to look through my card now..
Sounds like it partially installed and then aborted and that's what's making it stick with the "manual update required". You'd need to know where it installed to and wipe it out with terminal commands, it sounds like.

xSZYDx

Reaction score
Sounds like it partially installed and then aborted and that's what's making it stick with the "manual update required". You'd need to know where it installed to and wipe it out with terminal commands, it sounds like.

Thats a problem as well. I'm looking but cant find anything with Rovio's name or anything. Cant trace it. Can you locate it on your phone and possibly tell us what the file name says?