Cant install roms anymore

cdurrough

Reaction score
OK I had to take my phone back to verizon for an issue so I flashed back to 2.0.1. Took it in. Fixed it. Came home. Rooted. Then Flashed Clockmod recovery in Rom Manager. Downloaded a Custome Rom. Rebooted. Everything went fine until the bootanimation. It just cycles there over and over again. I have flashed back to 2.0.1 several times and it does fine then I try and again and same result. I tried several different Roms and several different versions of Recovery and get the same results. Any ideas?

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OK I had to take my phone back to verizon for an issue so I flashed back to 2.0.1. Took it in. Fixed it. Came home. Rooted. Then Flashed Clockmod recovery in Rom Manager. Downloaded a Custome Rom. Rebooted. Everything went fine until the bootanimation. It just cycles there over and over again. I have flashed back to 2.0.1 several times and it does fine then I try and again and same result. I tried several different Roms and several different versions of Recovery and get the same results. Any ideas?

How did you root? Easy root or another one click root app?

Might I suggest link 3 in my sig to do it the right way.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have you tried flashing a ROM without using ROM manager, ie the 'old fashioned' way thru SPrecovery?

OP
cdurrough

cdurrough

Reaction score
@Tallica: I rooted the old fashion way. I put the update.zip file on the root of my sd. Then I installed it from recovery mode. Rooting working. I checked afterwards. Superuser is there.

@Martin: I did. And got the same results. :(

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
@Tallica: I rooted the old fashion way. I put the update.zip file on the root of my sd. Then I installed it from recovery mode. Rooting working. I checked afterwards. Superuser is there.

@Martin: I did. And got the same results. :(
Hmmm. So SU is still there eh?

What version is your OS right now?

OP
cdurrough

cdurrough

Reaction score
Yes the root did like normal. 2.0.1 I really dont get it. And If I reboot into recovory after I flash it it seems to be ok. Then I reboot and download a rom and thats when everything goes crazy.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So you can get into recovery without any issues?

I'm digging, but the rescue squad may have to jump in and save me on this one as well :)

OP
cdurrough

cdurrough

Reaction score
Yea, boots right into recovery. Everything seems like normal except the whole root loop thing. :( Sucks I dont like stock droid...... Thanks for trying though.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
what rom/roms are you trying to flash specifically? I had an issue with ss4.7 on my phone...going into bootloop. Turned out I needed a different kernel. Try mounting USB in recovery....apply rom update.zip...mount again in recovery...delete the previous update.zip...move kernel to sd....apply update.zip to install new kernel...then try to reboot.

worked for me.

OP
cdurrough

cdurrough

Reaction score
OMD It just worked. Ha weird. OK so I guess I just had to annoy it enough to make it work. :) Actually I set it to erase previous clockmod recovery vision and flashed a old old old one and it work. So thanks everyone.

ibnetman

Reaction score
sounds like he didnt wipe the phone before installing the new rom.

lockman

Reaction score
Similar problem with refurb

On my second refurb this week. Rooted using MotoCache1 method. Have su. Have tried flashing Sapphire 1.1.1 via RM and sprecovery, as well as UD 8.0 via spre. Phone bootloops every time .

When I used RM, it was so screwed I had to sbf back to stock and re-root.

Phone will restore stock nandroid backup.