can't install Recovery - error message

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by MaxPower, Apr 8, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. MaxPower

MaxPower New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys,

first off all - great Forum! I finally found something were I can get all information I need! Great :)

I have a rooted Milestone but can't install the Recovery to be able to install another ROM on my mobile. I really hope you can help me further here.

I used THIS howto to install the Droid Root helper ect. but as soon as I restart my and try to boot into the recovery, I got the following message:

I read differend Forums now for hours, but can't find a solution for this. I also tried to get back to another ROM using RSD Lite, but it stops at the same point.

I really hope you can help me out here

Thanks in advance for your help
    Stefan

apologoize for my creepy english - I'm german ;)
  2. bomber889

bomber889 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you holding the power button and x at the same time when trying turn on your phone? Hold them both down and then you can release the power button after your phone turns on, but keep holding x. The recovery screen should come up within a few seconds.
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  3. MaxPower

MaxPower New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

thanks for your reply.

If I got it right, then there is a difference between the European and the US Version of the droid. We need to hold the Camera Button instead of the X Button on the Keyboard while starting up the mobile.

Just to be sure I tried your suggestion here again and I pressed the X Button while starting the phone - but nothing happend - it started normally.

Before I tried to install the Recovery yesterday I got the standart Recovery Menu when I used the Camera Button - so I think the button is the correct one
  4. bomber889

bomber889 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I get that same screen if I hold the + on the volume bar. Did you hold x or did you just let go of it? Sorry, I'm not very familiar with the milestone and the differences it has with the droid.
  5. MaxPower

MaxPower New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, what I also did and what should be the same on all droids/milestones is - I installed the Terminal Emulator - logged in as root and typed in "reboot recovery".

That should normally boot right into the recovery, right? But on my little brick I got the same message which I posted :(
  6. bomber889

bomber889 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Alright, well what version were you on when you rooted? If you were on 2.1 then you will need to flash back to 2.0.1 and try again. If not, I still would try again. Do you have a superuser permissions in your app drawer? It looks like a ninja figure.
  7. MaxPower

MaxPower New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I must say that I don't know anymore what I used to root the phone. I don't have the ninja in my program list - but a tool called Superuser Whitelist.
    I also could use the SU command in the Terminal without an error - so I'm pretty sure that I have root access.

I'm still on 2.01 - build numer is SHOLS_U2_01.14.0 - and I rooted the phone on that version
  8. MaxPower

MaxPower New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    alright - everything is working again :)

For all users who own a milestone - DON'T USE THE HOW-TOs FOR THE DROID :) !

What I did now is, installed the latest USB Driver - installed the latest RSD Lite and boot the mobile into the bootloader. Installed the latested firmware and everything is working again

Thanks for your help here!!!
  9. Real1mccoy

Real1mccoy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hey Maxpower I have been having the same issues as you did can you pls kindly direct me on how you were able to fix your device. I am new to this process.
Search tags for this page

droid dna recovery error 158

motorola milestone err:a5,69,35,00, 2f