Can't Install Maps APK

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by gflam, Aug 16, 2010.

1. gflam

gflam Developer
    Theme Developer Developer

Jun 14, 2010
    I decided to give sapphire 1.0 after hearing about some of the cool features it included and hearing about how fast and smooth it was. I've always been a huge bugless beast fan but i took the plunge and so far have only run into multiple problems with sapphire and have had to do a lot of fixes. I still however will agree that it is very smooth, fast and has some really cool features i like anyway here are my two main problems that i haven't been able to fix.

First off as I said above I'm running sapphire 1.0 and i have the luna theme applied. I've tried downloading it from the market and every time i get "installation error unknown error -8" I then tried deleting my cache using the app cache cleaner and i went into recovery and wiped cache partion. I tried downloading it again and got the same error i've deleted the maps.apk that i tried downloading into my phone in data/apps i tried the google apps update from sapphires website. I tried these commands in terminal emulator to remove the app
    mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 dev/block/mtdblock4 system
    busybox rm system/app/maps.apk
    cd system/bin
    sh pm uninstall
    cd ..
    cd ..
    mount -o ro,remount -t yaffs2 dev/block/mtdblock4 system

I even went to my bugless beast back up that had a working maps app and pulled that and tried to install it from my memory card using root explorer. I just can't get maps to work anyone else having this problem on sapphire 1.0? Any fixes, ideas etc?

Lastly my wifi won't turn on i keep getting an error it won't even start.
Search tags for this page
cannot install map apk

cannot install maps.apk

google map.apk won't install
maps apk dont install
maps apk wont install
maps not install apk