Cant install google voice update on liberty

searayman

Reaction score
I woke up this morning and downloaded the google voice update date and it couldn't install, said something about not being signed

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

droidtom

Reaction score
Ran into this with several google apps with the droid1 and it seems like the fix was to uninstall the current google app first with titanium backup and then install. Not sure if I'm remembering correctly or not. Has anybody tried this?

OP
S

searayman

Reaction score
Thanks, but I can't uninstall it either

ccb1208

Reaction score
Google voice issues

I am having the same issue. I uninstalled with titanium but failed to reinstall voice with both titanium and through the app market. I am now getting an error message that says "Installation error: Incompatible update."
Please help

supermandroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X 2nd Gen
Ran into this with several google apps with the droid1 and it seems like the fix was to uninstall the current google app first with titanium backup and then install. Not sure if I'm remembering correctly or not. Has anybody tried this?

Yes, that is correct. I've had to do this before also.

ccb1208

Reaction score

Yes, that is correct. I've had to do this before also.

I have tried this to no avail. This did not solve update issue.

rfranken

Reaction score
same. I'm going to leave my old version in place for now until this gets irons out.
this everyone...or just liberty folks?

OP
S

searayman

Reaction score
So what can we do? I uninstalled it and now cant text

mattg1

Reaction score
Uninstall it from /system with root explorer or something similar, reboot then it should install

D

dankarlinski

I had to install an older version to get it to install over it. Pm me if you need that apk. The above method does work also. :)

From my Liberated Droid 2 (Liberty v 1.5)

manaox2

Reaction score
I uninstalled through titanium, rebooted, and installed through the market. Thanks for the help!