Can't install Facebook

ultrastigi

Reaction score
I had the blackglass theme installed. I know they had their own facebook and twitter theme that's why it wasn't able to update it.

I just got rid of the theme but it still had their facebook and twitter theme on my phone. I deleted facebook (through root explorer) and tried to instal facebook from the market and it keeps saying it can't install.

Any ideas?

the5barrons

Reaction score
Why delete the theme? Just eliminate the facebook.apk and install the new update from the market.

Swyped while being lazy in the DXForumApp

aDroidman

Reaction score
If you go into system/app and delete Facebook.apk and restart your phone you should be able to install from the market.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
ultrastigi

ultrastigi

Reaction score
I was getting tired of it and I am looking for a new theme. Still new to the whole droid world so I am just trying everything out but I think I will be back to blackglass theme.

DrFeelgood

Reaction score
I'm using the honeycomb theme that came with Facebook preinstalled. But today a Facebook update was released and I had to use root explorer to delete Facebook to update and now and I can't install it at all. How do I fix this?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Cwagmire

Reaction score
You couldn't update it in the first place because the theme creator added the APK to the theme (so it could have the pretty theme color on the icon.)

Not sure why you can't reinatall now but for future refernece, contact the theme Creator and I'm sure he or she will update the apps that need it. :)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

terrets

Reaction score
That should be a good thing. Save your life and deactivate your account :D.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

troutbeck27

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me.

Just tried to update from market and it said "unsuccessful"

So I went about this in a process of elimination mode.

I tried uninstalling from my market apps and it just kept working and working with nothing happening (ie would not uninstall).

Tried going to applications under setting and clearing cache, went back into the market and tried updating, no luck.

Next step went into Titanium Backup and wiped data, back to market to try again, no luck.

Went back into TB and uninstalled Facebook through TB, successfully uninstalled Facebook.

Went back to market and downloaded new version, successfully installed.

Hope this helps everyone that having the same problem.

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Try this in terminal emulator:

su
sysrw
busybox rm -f /system/app/Facebook.apk
pm uninstall com.facebook.katana

then try it from the market.

gh0ul

Reaction score
Had the same problem. I uninstalled with titanium backup and rebooted my droid2. Then it allowed me to install it. Hope it works for ya!