Can't install anything in recovery?

9qwer1

Reaction score
Ok, so I've had my droid for a pretty long time, and this never happened to me. I have a Droid 1, running MIUI 1.7.22.0 with ClockworkMod Recovery, and whenever I boot into recovery, it instantly tries to install something, and goes to that screen with the exclamation point and the android. So, i click the power button, and the text appears. It says:

Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:failed to open /sdcard/update.zip (No such file or directory)
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

This is an issue for me, because i cant install anything in ROM Manager anymore, because whenever it goes into recovery, it always is looking for that update package, so the installation of the thing in ROM Manager never happens. I've tried installing SPRecovery, and it does the same exact thing. I've also tried restoring backups that i had made when this didnt happen, and it still happens. Also, i've tried putting a ROM on my SD card, and i tried the "install zip from sdcard" option, and it looked like it was working, but then it said "signature verification failed" and aborted the installation.
Can anyone help with this situation?

Last edited:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You are on stock recovery. You need to reflash Clockwork Mod Recovery from inside Rom Manager, or use RSDLite to flash sprecovery SBF.

OP

9qwer1

Reaction score
You are on stock recovery. You need to reflash Clockwork Mod Recovery from inside Rom Manager, or use RSDLite to flash sprecovery SBF.

Are you sure? because at the top of the recovery screen it says "ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.1". And, i did flash to sprecovery via ROM manager, and the same exact thing happened..

ajfolsom333

Reaction score
I've been having the exact same issue. Running MIUI 1.7.29, flashed clockwork recovery and can't get anything to install.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I've had my droid for a pretty long time, and this never happened to me. I have a Droid 1, running MIUI 1.7.22.0 with ClockworkMod Recovery, and whenever I boot into recovery, it instantly tries to install something, and goes to that screen with the exclamation point and the android. So, i click the power button, and the text appears. It says:

Installation aborted.

This is an issue for me, because i cant install anything in ROM Manager anymore, because whenever it goes into recovery, it always is looking for that update package, so the installation of the thing in ROM Manager never happens. I've tried installing SPRecovery, and it does the same exact thing. I've also tried restoring backups that i had made when this didnt happen, and it still happens. Also, i've tried putting a ROM on my SD card, and i tried the "install zip from sdcard" option, and it looked like it was working, but then it said "signature verification failed" and aborted the installation.

This is what tipped me off (bold).

Those symbols are stock recovery. Have you SBF'd sprecovery or clockwork on to the phone?

I think that is the best step. You say you installed sprecovery...how did you go about this? SBF or update.zip?

OP

9qwer1

Reaction score

Installation aborted.

This is what tipped me off (bold).

Those symbols are stock recovery. Have you SBF'd sprecovery or clockwork on to the phone?

I think that is the best step. You say you installed sprecovery...how did you go about this? SBF or update.zip?

neither, i installed it with ROM Manager

OP

9qwer1

Reaction score
I've been having the exact same issue. Running MIUI 1.7.29, flashed clockwork recovery and can't get anything to install.

well if you find a solution, can you post it in this thread?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
IMO you need to flash recovery only with RSDLite or sbf_flash.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is a known issue with MIUI roms, however magiman finally got it fixed in the latest build. It has nothing to do with what recovery you were using.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Chewy
Not just razor recovery. This build did with me with clockwork last night when I flashed a kernel. Hit the power button once to back out then proceeded as nornal.
Thought it was something I did. Hehe guess it wasn't me.

Here was the solution in one of the threads. It doesn't rewrite recovery. It just tries to install an update.zip and if there is none, an error message comes up.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Had the same thing.had to Hit power button once to return back to normal screen. Even had to go to advanced, reboot recoveryto make it work onetime after the update.zip failure.

Another fix in case the first one didn't work.

OP

9qwer1

Reaction score
Had the same thing.had to Hit power button once to return back to normal screen. Even had to go to advanced, reboot recoveryto make it work onetime after the update.zip failure.

Another fix in case the first one didn't work.

worked perfectly.. thanks so much dancedroid

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
No problem, glad I could help :)

borf

Reaction score
+1 Thanks very much had same issue and it is fixed