Can't install .607 gb... help?

Psj77

Reaction score
When I try to install the update.zip, I get this error code about checking "/system/bin/logwrapper", and another error with a bunch of numbers/letters. I'm on stock .330, and I uninstalled cwm so idk why the update isn't working. Help?

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
You need to restore the original logwrapper binary.
If you would actually take some time to search for an answer with Google, you would (just like I did just now) get a lot of results telling you to:
1. Delete /system/bin/hijack and /system/bin/logwrapper.
2. Rename /system/bin/logwrapper.bin to /system/bin/logwrapper.

OP
P

Psj77

Reaction score
You need to restore the original logwrapper binary.
If you would actually take some time to search for an answer with Google, you would (just like I did just now) get a lot of results telling you to:
1. Delete /system/bin/hijack and /system/bin/logwrapper.
2. Rename /system/bin/logwrapper.bin to /system/bin/logwrapper.
I already did that, as I debootstrapped using this thread (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...debootstrap-droid-2-global-sticky-please.html). I followed all the steps and it worked as when I try to boot into cwm from the d2 bootstap app, it doesn't work(meaning I followed the guide correctly). After doing this I tried to install the .607 update 2-3 times, and it didn't work.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
The error message you get means the logwrapper is not matching the original.

This might be due to a double installation of CWM via Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrap app.

Basically, you installed it once by tapping Bootstrap Recovery; it backed up the logwrapper binary and installed a new one. Then you tapped it again. It backed up the new (CWM) logwrapper, erasing the old backup, and installed the same logwrapper again.

OP
P

Psj77

Reaction score
Hmm well I tried installing the .606 gb and it worked for some reason, weird..