1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can't install .607 gb... help?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by Psj77, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Psj77

Psj77 New Member

When I try to install the update.zip, I get this error code about checking "/system/bin/logwrapper", and another error with a bunch of numbers/letters. I'm on stock .330, and I uninstalled cwm so idk why the update isn't working. Help?
  2. Gasai Yuno

Gasai Yuno New Member

You need to restore the original logwrapper binary.
    If you would actually take some time to search for an answer with Google, you would (just like I did just now) get a lot of results telling you to:
    1. Delete /system/bin/hijack and /system/bin/logwrapper.
    2. Rename /system/bin/logwrapper.bin to /system/bin/logwrapper.
  3. Psj77

Psj77 New Member

I already did that, as I debootstrapped using this thread (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...debootstrap-droid-2-global-sticky-please.html). I followed all the steps and it worked as when I try to boot into cwm from the d2 bootstap app, it doesn't work(meaning I followed the guide correctly). After doing this I tried to install the .607 update 2-3 times, and it didn't work.
  4. Gasai Yuno

Gasai Yuno New Member

The error message you get means the logwrapper is not matching the original.

This might be due to a double installation of CWM via Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrap app.

Basically, you installed it once by tapping Bootstrap Recovery; it backed up the logwrapper binary and installed a new one. Then you tapped it again. It backed up the new (CWM) logwrapper, erasing the old backup, and installed the same logwrapper again.
  5. Psj77

Psj77 New Member

Hmm well I tried installing the .606 gb and it worked for some reason, weird..
Search tags for this page

droid bionic jelly bean logwrapper