Can't hear other party on phone

altjx

Reaction score
Good morning all,

I hardly ever talk on the phone unless it's with my gf or mother, but every now and again when I talk to my gf, I can barely hear her as if the phone signal is dropping in and out or something.

I'm wanting to blame her phone because it's much older than my MAXX, but not just yet... Anyone ever experience this and/or can relate to this issue? I think she has like an LG Rumor or something.

During the times where I can't hear her, she can hear me just perfectly. I may be able to hear every other word or sentence she say. This really pisses us both off because when I'm claiming I can finally hear her fine, the phones **** up again and then we end up hanging up on each other. I really want to get to the bottom of this.

I also want to avoid troubleshooting with Verizon, as I don't have time for the foolishness. They'll probably end up walking me through clearing browser cache or some **** to try fixing the problem. On top of the previous GPS issues I've been having, all I need is for this phone to also cause this hearing issue before I end up tossing this ****.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2.

jaybogg

Reaction score
Good morning all,

I hardly ever talk on the phone unless it's with my gf or mother, but every now and again when I talk to my gf, I can barely hear her as if the phone signal is dropping in and out or something.

I'm wanting to blame her phone because it's much older than my MAXX, but not just yet... Anyone ever experience this and/or can relate to this issue? I think she has like an LG Rumor or something.

During the times where I can't hear her, she can hear me just perfectly. I may be able to hear every other word or sentence she say. This really pisses us both off because when I'm claiming I can finally hear her fine, the phones **** up again and then we end up hanging up on each other. I really want to get to the bottom of this.

I also want to avoid troubleshooting with Verizon, as I don't have time for the foolishness. They'll probably end up walking me through clearing browser cache or some **** to try fixing the problem. On top of the previous GPS issues I've been having, all I need is for this phone to also cause this hearing issue before I end up tossing this ****.

I occasionally have voices cutting out and/or garbled to varying degrees, talking to people on the same and different providers. We always hang up, place the call again, and get a crystal clear connection. I have always attributed it to a glitch in the providers network and never gave it much thought. I have never attributed to my phone or the other party's phone for that matter.

Did it start immediately following you getting your phone?
Do either live in a marginal reception area as shown on the "bars" of either phone?

Wish I could be of more assistance, but unfortunately, all I can do is relate my experiences. Hopefully, someone else will reply with other ideas.

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
I occasionally have voices cutting out and/or garbled to varying degrees, talking to people on the same and different providers. We always hang up, place the call again, and get a crystal clear connection. I have always attributed it to a glitch in the providers network and never gave it much thought. I have never attributed to my phone or the other party's phone for that matter.

Did it start immediately following you getting your phone?
Do either live in a marginal reception area as shown on the "bars" of either phone?

Wish I could be of more assistance, but unfortunately, all I can do is relate my experiences. Hopefully, someone else will reply with other ideas.

Thanks for your help man. I think the issue occurs on her phone. According to some posts about this problem and that phone, it seems to be that the microphone may needs repair. But, at least I'm able to feel confident that it's not my phone.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Your issue seems different lol. I've seen it where the problem persisted no matter how many times you tried the call :D glad your issue is resolved :)

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what's happening to me. No matter how many times we re-attempt the call, it results in the same thing -- not being able to hear her, lol. Thanks man :)

AirJunky

Reaction score
Seems like you could verify this really easy by having her call someone else. :blink:

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
Seems like you could verify this really easy by having her call someone else. :blink:

Not necessarily. The problem is random, and lasts for a couple of minutes it seems. The times of which we converse wouldn't be appropriate for that ^_^

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah, that's what's happening to me. No matter how many times we re-attempt the call, it results in the same thing -- not being able to hear her, lol. Thanks man :)

Look at it this way... you can honestly say... but sweetheart... I couldn't hear you :) get a new phone please ;)

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
Look at it this way... you can honestly say... but sweetheart... I couldn't hear you :) get a new phone please ;)

Haha yeah lol