Can't Get SS 5.2 Installed

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by VingInMedina, Mar 25, 2011.

1. VingInMedina

VingInMedina Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I am not having any luck getting SS 5.2 installed and booted up on my phone. I am stuck at the 'M' logo.

I am using SPR and I am running SS 5.1 without any problem. I did a fresh install of 5.1 and did not use anything to recover because of the problems with 5.01. Here is what I've done so far.

Edit: I am using SPR 0.99_3b and I did see a notable pause when it said it was installing /data.

Flashed 5.2 over top of 5.1; rebooted into recovery and then rebooted into Android -- no luck.
    Wiped /cache; booted into Android -- no luck.
    Flashed Chevy's 800Mhz medV kernel; rebooted into Android -- no luck.
    Wiped /data & /cache; flashed 5.2 again; rebooted into Android -- no luck

Each time that I let it try and boot up into Android, I would let it sit for about 5 minutes at the 'M' logo before I would pull the battery and then reboot into recovery.

My restore works and the phone boots up no problem with 5.1. I had the same problem earlier this week when I wanted to give UD 3.1.1 a try. Is it possible that my phone just does not like this version of Android?

Any suggestions would be great.

#1 VingInMedina, Mar 25, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  2. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    I would suggest following the steps in the 5.2 thread - particular with respects to the ls command ... although I can almost say with a certainty that SPR is the issue.

3. les017

les017 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had the exact same thing, although I am using RZRecovery. Could not get past the M on boot. Went back to recovery and also could NOT Nandroid restore my old ROM. Kept hanging on "erasing system".

Finally manually wiped system via recovery, installed 5.2 and everything went fine. I have no deep knowledge of what I am doing and was fortunate to notice the Nand Restore hanging where it was. Maybe worth a shot?

4. VingInMedina

VingInMedina Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the help -- I read through the whole thread and I have 5.2 loaded now! So far it looks great! Chevy, you do great work.

Here is what I did to get it loaded.

1. Copied RZR-2.0.3-update.zip onto the root directory of the /sdcard as update.zip.
    2. Rebooted into recovery (SPR 0.99)
    3. Installed update.zip
    4. Rebooted (held the 'X' so I went back into recovery)
    5. Now, using RZR 2.0.3, I installed update.zip again (I've seen in the Recovery Thread that this is a good idea)
    6. Set the Recovery overclocking to 600 Mhz
    7. Rebooted into Recovery
    8. Using RZR 2.0.3 I installed SS-GB-5.2-update.zip
    9. Rebooted into Recovery (I read in another thread that you should do this after flashing a ROM)
    10. Rebooted into Android

#4 VingInMedina, Mar 25, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  5. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Good news! :)

6. bigeric828

bigeric828 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I would have recommended formating boot and system this helped me before with other roms

7. trol1374

trol1374 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I came from 4.9 (5.1 was too buggy and nasty to me). I used ROM manager and tried without a wipe and got stuck on logo. Then tried wiping, and still got stuck. pulled battery and boot into recovery. After the second time of doing that with wipes it loaded right up. Let market install apps and used Titanium to restore the data to select apps that had settings.
    Good to go now. Running great.