Can't get rid of the voice mail indicator ...

ripper2860

Reaction score
OK. So how in the heck do I clear the farkin' voice mail indicator in the status bar? I have no messages and it remains. Tried re-booting. Tried force stopping the voice mail app. Tried calling and leaving a v-mail, listening and archiving -- no go!! I'm using Google Voice for my v-mail system and even going into settings and after turning notification off, it still shows!!! :mad:

OP
ripper2860

ripper2860

Reaction score
After you've deleted or save the messages let the voice instructions run its routine and then press *

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Thanks, but it's still a no-go. Arrrrrrggggggh!!!!

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Sometimes in takes forever but it should eventually just go away on its own. That's been my experience anyway!

OP
ripper2860

ripper2860

Reaction score
Sometimes in takes forever but it should eventually just go away on its own. That's been my experience anyway!

You mean I have to exhibit PATIENCE??!!! :D

Oh well. Guess I'll just have to learn to ignore the bright red and annoying little icon til it decides to disappear on its own.

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"Sammy Davis" Galaxy Season 6
OK. So how in the heck do I clear the farkin' voice mail indicator in the status bar? I have no messages and it remains. Tried re-booting. Tried force stopping the voice mail app. Tried calling and leaving a v-mail, listening and archiving -- no go!! I'm using Google Voice for my v-mail system and even going into settings and after turning notification off, it still shows!!! :mad:

Google voice might be the culprit! I never used GV as my default voicemail, but I have some old GV texts and voicemails that I haven't listened too. Some were very old!
You should look through your google messages to see if you have any old un-read vmails.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Try going to your google account online where the message is and deleting it from there.

CBMGGM

Reaction score
Been there twice. Only way to fix is factory reset......

OP
ripper2860

ripper2860

Reaction score
Try going to your google account online where the message is and deleting it from there.

Did that. Still have the icon. Maybe its possessed . Get out foul spirit!

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Did that. Still have the icon. Maybe its possessed . Get out foul spirit!

You could do what my buddy did in his truck with a pesky check engine light. Put a piece of black electrical tape over it! ;)

Reaction score
So, is the icon in the status bar for a gv message or is it the stock voice mail icon? This happened to me before where there was a vm notification for three stock vm before I set up gv and nothing I would do would make it go away. Finally, I had to change my vm service back to vz stock, then I checked the voicemail through vz voicemail, deleted it, the icon went away, and then I set gv back up again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

GotnFX

Reaction score
So, is the icon in the status bar for a gv message or is it the stock voice mail icon? This happened to me before where there was a vm notification for three stock vm before I set up gv and nothing I would do would make it go away. Finally, I had to change my vm service back to vz stock, then I checked the voicemail through vz voicemail, deleted it, the icon went away, and then I set gv back up again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

Make sure to delete all message in stock vm and also go into personal options turn off notification exit..hang up and then go back and turn it on...if you had the stock vm turned off..then turn it back on..exit and then go back in and turn it off. This kind of resets the "stuck" stock notification. I am fairly sure this should fix it.

dbouta

Reaction score

I had the same thing on my Razr Maxx. Have someone call and leave another voice message then check your VM and delete it. The icon went away for me.

alarming1

Reaction score
This EXACT problem has driven my nuts for the past couple of months and I just fixed it. Dial your vm, select option 4 to change personal options, then option 1 to turn message waiting indicator on or off. Turn the message waiting indicator off, then disconnect by repeatedly pressing *. Dial your vm again, repeat everything, but this time turn message waiting indicator on, then *, *, *. It worked for me!!