can't get rid of notification

crimattyple

Reaction score
All of a sudden I now have a notification in my notification bar that says "can't determine location". When you press on it, it brings you to the "location and security settings". The "use wireless networks" box is checked. The GPS box isn't but I tried checking it and that didn't clear the notification.
All other apps that rely on location seem to be working correctly and determine my location. I have powered the phone down and back on with no success. I did a battery pull with no success.

Any suggestions how to get rid of this notification welcome.

Thanks to all. Great forum!!!

JCo352

Reaction score
If you want to get rid of the notification, pull down the notification car and to the right there is a button that says "clear notifications".

OP
crimattyple

crimattyple

Reaction score
I did that, but don't see any button or anything that allows me to clear notifications. I pressed the menu button as well.

OP
crimattyple

crimattyple

Reaction score
Never mind! Your suggestion worked. I found the "clear" button. No more notification!

What a great resource.

Thanks again for the quick, accurate response.

JCo352

Reaction score
I did that, but don't see any button or anything that allows me to clear notifications. I pressed the menu button as well.

Hmmm, ok it doesn't say "clear notifications" it says "clear", and it would be right under the time, when you pull down the bar.

edit: ok nm glad you found it