Cant get rezound to stock?

thrgk

Reaction score
ok so i was on custom rom, i relocked my phone, using cmd, and now, it wont boot, just into hbot, and when i put the ruu file on teh sd card renamed, it does nothing, no image found, please help, i want it back to the ruu!

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
If you have a custom anything, once you relock your phone it will no longer boot. You need to flash the RUU in hboot. If flashing doesn't work for some reason, use the command line backup:

Open a command prompt
Code:
cd \androidsdk\platform-tools       *** or wherever you keep fastboot.exe
fastboot flash zip PH98IMG.zip      *** change PH98IMG.zip to your RUU file
Repeat 1x

HowardZ

Reaction score
ok so i was on custom rom, i relocked my phone, using cmd, and now, it wont boot, just into hbot, and when i put the ruu file on teh sd card renamed, it does nothing, no image found, please help, i want it back to the ruu!

I would move your microSD card to a pc and make sure the ph98img.zip file is there in the top level directory and has the correct filename

You should also download a free md5 checking program for your pc and make sure the md5 checksum the program calculates matches the published md5 checksum shown at the website where you downloaded the ruu zip file.

Also, unless you are S-off you can not ruu to a previous version of the operating system. you must ruu to the version you are using or a newer version.

official ics version

[Exclusive Download] HTC Rezound Ice Cream Sandwich RUU For Final OTA (3.14.605.12)

latest leaked global phone version

[Exclusive Download] Full RUU Build 4.03.605.2 For The HTC Rezound

Last edited:

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Might be worth mentioning that the 605.2 is not a full ROM. It is only the GSM add-on hence the severe file size difference.

Tha187um

Reaction score
Hi MrSmith, actually the link on Android Police is a full Rom, 615MB. That's what I used to flash my phone, I went from Clean Rom 4.5 to VZW Global ICS Rom.

Might be worth mentioning that the 605.2 is not a full ROM. It is only the GSM add-on hence the severe file size difference.