Can't get out of HBOOT mode - HTC One (M8)

Sondre Honningsøy

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One (M8)
Hi,

I have looked around in these forums and others, and i cannot seem to find any solution to my problem, so here goes:

Last night i downloaded a software update for my HTC One M8 which untill now has worked just perfectly fine. After the installation process, the phone went straight to HBOOT mode, and it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to get out of it. This is the text displayed on my screen right now, from top to bottom:

***Software status: Official ***
***Locked***
m8_ul PVT SHIP S-ON
RADIO-1.21.21331147A1.19_2g
OpenDSP-v46.2.2-00564-M8974_FO.0811
OS-3.28.401.6
eMMC-boot 2048MB
Oct 3 2014,15:19:34.126

HBOOT

Below this i get the ordninary stuff where I can choose between fastboot, recovery, factory reset, simlock, check smartsd and show barcode. What's interesting is that i CANNOT select any of these items with the power button. I can scroll up and down using the Volume buttons, I can even turn the phone on and off holding in the power button for a few seconds, but everytime i use the power button to select something, it just doesnt respond.

Have anyone encountered this problem before? and what should I do? I am grateful for any advice, thank you! :)

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
What carrier are you on? And where did you update? From the OS line you have latest international update 3.28.401.6

One+1

DeftestFianna

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC one (m8)
Don't mean to bump an old thread but I'm having this exact problem. Did you ever get a solution?