Can't get new bootanimation to work

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jordancovington1, Jan 12, 2011.

1. jordancovington1

jordancovington1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was on this website all last night doing a lot of stuff to my phone. I have a Droid Citrus. I cannot figure out how to get the new boot animation. I downloaded the zip and used the file explorer to try to put it in the system folder, but when I do that it says that there is not enough memory available, while it has about four times as much space as i need. Whenever I try to change something in the system folder it is like it has some kind of deep freeze software on it so that it just goes back as soon as leave and come back. I tried downloading the PutYourBootHERE and it's not letting me open the ".bat" file. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!
  2. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +3
    You cannott put anything in your system folder(s) unless you have mounted /system as read/write. You cannot mount system as read/write unless your phone is rooted and you're using a file management app that supports root.

You can try to put it in /data/local/ though. At least that works for the A855 Droid 1.

good luck
  3. jordancovington1

jordancovington1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nope it's still not working, I overwrit the file but whenever I rebooted it it was just like normal. Any other way to do this??
Search tags for this page

android bootanimation cannot work

motorola citrus bootanimation.zip