Can't get music to show up in my music player

tishabarr

Reaction score
I downloaded a full album from Megaupload. It's a RAR? I used androzip to download it. When I open the folder, I see all the mp3's and the album art, and the songs will play if I open them in androzip, but the songs are not in my music player. Can anyone help? Thanks

stdesign

Reaction score
I downloaded a full album from Megaupload. It's a RAR? I used androzip to download it. When I open the folder, I see all the mp3's and the album art, and the songs will play if I open them in androzip, but the songs are not in my music player. Can anyone help? Thanks

Did you "extract" the MP3 files from the RAR, or are they still there? Instead of doing a formal extract, you could just copy the files from the RAR archive folder to whatever folder you have for music on the Droid's microSD card. The Droid's filesystem probably isn't seeing the files while they're inside the RAR folder (if this is the case).

OP
tishabarr

tishabarr

Reaction score
I extracted the file, and moved them to my music folder, and its showing that its in my music folder, but the songs will not show up in the music player. Should I save it to my pc, and then move it to my Droid?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
download an app called sdrescan. it rescans your SD card without a reboot. run it and see if you can play the songs.

Phantom99

Reaction score
download an app called sdrescan. it rescans your SD card without a reboot. run it and see if you can play the songs.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Worked great, now I just have to figure out why 2 or 3 albulms want to keep listing themselves as unknown. Oh well 2 or 3 out 40 ain't too bad plus the vids show now too!!dancedroid

Also if any of you want a FREE easy way to sync music and vids stright from iTunes to your Droid check this out:
How To: Sync iTunes with Android - Android Forums
Used it today and it worked like a dream on my DX :rating10:eek:nly issue was Tunewiki didn't see all media till I used sdrescan.

tamitrail

Reaction score
I know this thread is older, but I was having this issue and ran sdrescan and it worked like a champ! Thanks!

sosamo

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I have the same problem. Ran SDrescan doesn't work:(

This is how I add song to my Droid so that it appears in the Music app.

I had to download it from a website, than it would show up in my Music. This is the only way I can make ringtone also.

I did the Sdrescan, and it took that 1 ringtone i download off, so now my Music app show Zero songs :(

I can play my music by using andro to find it and open it. It would open the music app and play it.

acdroid

Reaction score
Download free music directly on your android

Hey guys,

you can also try to download songs directly using this free music search and downloader?
Once downloaded, you can play your MP3 on your preferred music player.

MP3 Music Search Downloader on Android

Hi Guys, I have the same problem. Ran SDrescan doesn't work:(

This is how I add song to my Droid so that it appears in the Music app.

I had to download it from a website, than it would show up in my Music. This is the only way I can make ringtone also.

I did the Sdrescan, and it took that 1 ringtone i download off, so now my Music app show Zero songs :(

I can play my music by using andro to find it and open it. It would open the music app and play it.

Mdeva

Reaction score
I have the opposite problem!
Music Player lists/plays music that no file manager can find. Anyone have a clue where MP is finding it??