"Can't get MMS" message

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I guess I need to do some cleaning of some sort. I uninstalled Textra on Saturday & am still getting these notifications.... Thanks, guys! Incidentally, I did Google the daylights out of this the other night & didn't find anything helpful. Not sure what I was doing wrong, but do truly appreciate your help!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Try installing a different texting app and see if it triggers a default "use this app" message.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Power down your phone. Remove SIM card. Power your phone back up without the SIM card and leave it on for about a minute. Power it back down, put card back in, power back up.
That's the 4g equivalent of the old *18 follow me roaming when going out of your local cells area and/also the 4g equivalent of *228 which updates the cells finding you.
If that doesn't work call 611 tech support and ask them to check and make sure your national access is on in your account.
Those worked between the years when I was on Verizon and had that scenario happen over the years. Low signal can also cause mms messages to not work as well as the occasional text not sending/receiving, especially if you're on a fringe between 3g and 4g.
Hope that helps.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Cycling airplane mode is easier.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Thanks, all! I have rebooted a couple of times since the last time I got the message (yesterday). I have NOT gotten it today. The only message app I have running on my phone is the stock Messenger app. There has never been a set time when this pops up, so I won't know what works until it happens again -- if it does. I guess I could clear the cache, which hasn't been done since I moved into this a few weeks ago....

grunt0300

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2 XL, Nexus 6
I dumped Textra, and went to the stock Message+. Works better than Textra, and no problems with mms or sms.:p