Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
Still, this ROM kills the battery.

No, it doesn't

I have to agree with dvader. I have been unplugged for 7 hours and am at 90%. You probably need to retrain Android on your battery (common situation any time you flash a rom). This means:
1) drain your battery until your phone dies
2) turn it on again until it dies again
3) charge it to full while your phone is powered off, then charge for one more hour
4) unplug your phone and boot into bootstrap recovery and delete battery stats
5) boot your phone up and use it like normal but DO NOT CHARGE YOUR PHONE until after it dies
6) after it does in step 5, then you have retrained android and will see much better battery life

If you're not willing to take these steps, then please stop installing custom roms. Note that you can avoid these steps if your battery is at 100% when you install the rom and immediately delete battery stats after rom installation, or if you're lucky on what rom you come from and move to being able to use old battery stats (which is why you'll hear many people say "I get great battery life and didn't do that!").

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
We've been having the same basic argument here for over a year now. A bunch of he said/she said over which ROM is better. The thing is, every phone is a little different, and reacts differently to modifications.
I had 5 D1's. No similarities other than the shape. One could run at 1.3, another wouldn't oc at all. That said, I ran Liberty on my X for a few days and the battery life was horrible. Running DarkSlide with Blur, and battery life is similar to stock. I know of other people with the opposite result. Why?- same reason as with my D1's. Every phone is different.

Anyway, sorry to rant. But I do know now why I still have Liberty's boot.

Completely true, but often the scapegoat for many problems. Most battery issues are because of what I just posted about or a bad app (task killer, etc) or bad config (checking 5 email accounts every 5 minutes while having Twitter refresh every minute, etc).

But I do agree with you, sometimes one phone simply refuses to do what another identical phone is happy to do. This is pretty rare, though (ignoring overclocking and underclocking - that's common).

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

steveomac

Reaction score
I honestly never had a problem with the battery with my DX, I have always charged my phone up before I go to sleep, be the end of the day I got like 40% left and thats after messin around on the internet, playing some games on my lunch and breaks, and more interneting.

I was a little scared on getting another ROM, my phone went haywire last time I tried getting my phone back to stock, but I think I got it down on how I revert back.

Kept hearing about how good this rom is and I watched a video review (I dunno why people dont do this for all ROMs, MAN does it help choosing instead of just installing the rom and hoping its what you want).

but this rom is by far the best one out there.

andylulzyou

Reaction score
I have to say I was getting way better battery on a stock rooted deodex than any room I have ever run.. although I had great battery on Gummy and Liberty 1.0 it seems like 1.5 is being much worse for me.