Cant get in to recovery mode

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
You need to download the stock image file that matches your version and extract the Bootloader image. And flash using odin. Usually I would tell you to reflash the image and do a factory reset after that to fix the issue then re-root and flash your mods

OP
M

Matthew2D

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
You need to download the stock image file that matches your version and extract the Bootloader image. And flash using odin. Usually I would tell you to reflash the image and do a factory reset after that to fix the issue then re-root and flash your mods

So...will this unroot my phone?

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Ollie, If they can't get the phone to operate properly first, adding a recovery or ROM at this point is counter productive! They need to fix the stock first...then root and ROM! ;)

It sounds to me that recovery is borked. Download mode works fine which is all they need to flash a recovery. Unless I am misunderstanding something the OP can boot into the system just fine. It's only when they want to reboot into recovery mode that it doesn't work.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Yes...It will unroot it. But you can redo it if you want! What version is your device @ right now?? And what carrier??

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
The keys don't operate properly to get into recovery! That is what the OP was all about! It is the Bootloader that is bonked!

OP
M

Matthew2D

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
Verizon galaxy s4 4.4.4. Also whenever I try to upgrade to lollipop from system updates I get stuck in download mode.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Just start over in Kies. Make a backup in Kies, perform an emergency recovery in Kies, then use the method I posted earlier to use Odin to install CM.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I recommend starting from a clean stock install, then root and flash correctly...