cant get droid razr to charge

GELL44

Reaction score
Hi! New on here and was hoping to find someone to help with a few problems with the droid razr

OP
G

GELL44

Reaction score
I got my droid razr wet while it was turned off and low battery level about 15% but now it won t come on only white light while plugged in

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello and welcome to the droid forums... so it wouldn't charge.. then you got it wet?? :confused:

Lol.. jk.

Anyhow... the best thing you can do is stick it in a bag of rice.. or silica gel packets.. let it dry out for a few days..

By then the battery will be dead... so IMHO you're going to want to go online.. perhaps amazon, and find a factory data cable.. buy it..

That's probably going to be the only way to charge the device back up.
You can try the factory cable or a car charger..
How wet did it get??

I find it amazing that so many people get their razrs or maxx's wet at 20% battery or less.... how is that???? :eek:

OP
G

GELL44

Reaction score
droid want charge

JK

No, it was down to 15% battery so I turned phone completely off. I later got it wet at the lake forgetting it was in my pocket:mad: I put it in rice for about 12 hrs and then it wouldnt come on. I hooked up to wall socket to charge and white was on and would not boot up,. I have now still charging for about 4 or 5 hours nothing happens ..I tried lock button and volume button and doesnt work.. Any suggestions!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah if it won't take a charge, that means the battery has fallen below the charge voltage. Its a safety feature.. the only way to save it now is a factory data cable... it will MAKE it take a charge...

That's the bad thing about these phones.. they get wet, they're hard to recover...

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
It also was possible on older phones to boot without the battery in place and then put it in once the phone was fully booting, but I guess that has been lost as well.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums. Sorry to hear about your phone, hopefully you can get it all sorted out.

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. Hope you've been able to resolve this. DancingNexus