1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can't Get Custom Recovery to Stick?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by tco05, Jul 6, 2011.

1. tco05

tco05 New Member

Just picked up a Moto Droid today from someone at work who upgraded to a DX2. It's 2.2.2 running FRG83G. I'm familiar with the root and recovery processes for HTC (Had a rooted DInc, currently use a rooted TBolt) but with moto I'm at a loss.

Used superoneclick for root, SU and CWM installed. Did the normal steps to flash recovery (go into CWM, his the button) it says I have recovery 2.5.0.1 installed, but every time I attempt to manually boot or boot from CWM, I go to the screen with the exclamation point and phone.

Bit lost...any help?
  2. Droid Firefighter

Droid Firefighter New Member

Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
    Hit up on the d pad on the physical keyboard. Up as in towards the screen. That will get you to recovery.

Consider looking into rzrecovery. It's an excellent recovery program that allows you to overclock and charge while in recovery. Very smooth program.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums
  3. tco05

tco05 New Member

Thanks! I got it straightened out.

New issue though...any ROM I flash now sends me on a boot loop. Not sure where to start in diagnosing the potential issues. Any ideas? I tried PEv6 and CM7 with the same result.
  4. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

Did you wipe prior to installation? Did you install a different kernel at the same time?
  5. tco05

tco05 New Member

Yes, used RZR, did a full wipe. I'm only trying to install the ROM, nothing additional.

I got PEv4.2 to flash, but v6 still boot loops.
  6. Droid Firefighter

Droid Firefighter New Member

Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
    Maybe a bad download. Try redownloading and flash it again. Maybe for S&Gs try a different ROM. LGB runs pretty good with mine. You could also try flashing a different kernel while in RZR. Do it from the computer to the SD then install it. Then reboot into Android. Do the kernel flash before wiping and trying another ROM.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums
Search tags for this page
cant get custom recovery

does the android recovery stick work