1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Cant get any Kernel above 1Ghz to work

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by NewDroidOrder, May 14, 2010.

1. NewDroidOrder

NewDroidOrder New Member

So for the past 2 days i have constantly been searching for a kernel that will get my above 1Ghz.
    After i install the kernel for anything above 1Ghz (ive tried doing it from clockworkmod and installing from zip, and from ROM Manager. i have tried just about all the bekit kernels and a few of the P3Droid kernels) the phone reboots and then i am stuck in a bootloop, or just the M sign

ok, so here is what i am running on my Droid:
    BB v1.0 with smoked glass theme
    bekit LV 1Ghz kernel
    idk if there is really anything other info that i might need to give to help diagnose the problem

if anyone could please shed some light on this, that would be great. ive even tried doing a complete wipe with no avail.

Thanks in advance.
  2. JCo352

JCo352 New Member

Sorry, there is really nothing you can do, some phones can't handle 1GHz.
  3. NewDroidOrder

NewDroidOrder New Member

Well damn. thanks! i can stop seeing a recovery screen more than my actual phone now lol
  4. JCo352

JCo352 New Member

Yea, that's always good lol. But If your phone can handle 900MHz, put it there, not to much difference. My phone can't handle 1.3GHz, so I stick with 1.2GHz.
  5. NewDroidOrder

NewDroidOrder New Member

yah im on 1ghz i mean, its absolutely flawless and fast. but i kinda wanted to have something higher just to really show off. my friend has the Droid Incredible... and as it is i can pretty much match/beat him in MFLOPS.
  6. Droids

Droids New Member

yeah, you never know what each cpu can run. I've run mine at 1.25 for several days and it ran fine, no force closes anywhere, but it drained the battery fast. probable just that particular kernel. Currently running 600 but I feel confident that I can crank it up to 1+ if I want too (with a different kernel). I honestly think 800 is a good speed for anyone, so if you can do that much or more, it's all good.
  7. NewDroidOrder

NewDroidOrder New Member

yah i run at 900-1ghz normally.
  8. elementaldesign

elementaldesign New Member

Try different kernals. I have the same problem. Moto Droid runs fine upto 1.1 ghz after that force closes or freezes needing battery pull. I tried another 1.3ghz runs fine for awhile then temp spikesto 150 degrees. So I'm back to 1ghz with the same kernal. Runs fine but kills battery quick.
  9. NewDroidOrder

NewDroidOrder New Member

lol i have tried just about every kernel there is above 1Ghz. nothing works. its jut not meant to be i guess.