Can't forward email WITH headers in standard email app

redbeans

Reaction score
I doubt I'm the first person to raise this issue, but I couldn't find an answer out there when I searched.

Here is my problem:
When I forward emails from the standard email program on my Droid (running 2.2), the headers for the forwarded emails are dropped. This ended up being a pain in the @$$ last week when I was on vacation and needed to forward a bunch of work emails to my boss. He had no idea who the original emails were from (unless they included a proper signature of course), and I didn't realize that the info was being dropped.

How can I set up the email program so that the headers are forwarded along with the message? I feel like I've tried everything.

THANKS!

trishamil

Reaction score
I would like to know this too.

I had no idea that my messages were not being forwarded.

OP
R

redbeans

Reaction score
To be clear, the message is being sent. The header information is not.

nenetoes

Reaction score
missing header and signature line

having the same problem. I can send a new email and the signature line will appear. If I foward an email no signature line is posted and the header from the most current sender does not foward. Also it does not show a break / line between the text I type and the text of the previous sender. It is very confusing. the person who receives the fowarded message does not know what I am communicating verses the previouse sender.

cozper

Reaction score
Same problem here. Is this intentional? If so, that was a huge mistake...

nenetoes

Reaction score
have you researched this problem. how long have you had the proble. I was told on another thread to hack the phone. shouldn't verizon be able to help with this?

cozper

Reaction score
If searching Google counts as researching, then I have done a little researching. But I have not come across any solutions.

I don't think you should have to "hack" your phone in order to forward emails properly. Seems like a basic function...

nenetoes

Reaction score
agreed. I contacted motorola via the web earlier today and the agent recomended i deleate and then add the email acct back to my phone. if that does not work then reset my phone. I have not been able to do this yet today. I am to busy with work and do not want to take a chance of my phone being down for the day. I have attached the conversation I had with the online agent. let me know if this works for you. the chart did not paste properly. you can find it on the motorola website. I will respond back if I have a chance to work on this tonight. she nalso said I could see if my provider offered a local service center in stead of mailing it in.

Reymer (Listening)
 Reymer: Hi, my name is Reymer. How may I help you?

jw: When I forward emails the header from the previous sender does not foward with the message. There is no break line between my comments on a fowarded email and the previous senders message. you can not tell who wrote what. if it was a stream of emails that have been replied or forwarded from several people there header info shows up but not the last sender. Also my signature line does not auto attach to the message. My signature line does attach when I create a new message.

jw: Model android 2.2.1
 Reymer: That is not the model.
 Reymer: That is the software verison.
 Reymer: *version.
 jw: Droid
 Reymer: Did this happen only after the update?
 jw: under settings and about phone it says DROID for model number
 Reymer: Did this happen only after the 2.2.1 update?
 jw: i do not know. It could have been happening for a while. I was recently 1 month ago informed by a coworker of the confusion
 Reymer: Were you able to take out the battery, return it after and turn the phone back on?
 jw: I do not remeber doing an update. when would that have taken place. i just removed the battery 5 minutes ago to find an IMEI # and turned the phone bak on with no problem. I did that before I started talking to you
 Reymer: What is the email domain?
 jw: @xxxxx.net
 jw: I have no problem when I foward from my computer and coworkers have no problem when they foward from ther phone devices
 Reymer: Can you please delete the email from the phone then add it again?
 jw: you mean remove the account the set it back up again?
 Reymer: Yes, please.
 jw: how do I look up the settings to make sure I input the correct info
 Reymer: Is that a work or personal email?
 jw: work,
 Reymer: Who set up the account before?

jw: I think corp offc before they sent me phone. i can get info from our help desk if passwds are needed
 Reymer: Suggestion
Summary:
DROID - Common Email Settings

Question:
What settings do I need for my email provider?

Answer:
The chart below*provides*the settings for the*some of the most common email providers.*************************
If your provider is not listed or the settings*do not work, please contact your*Internet Service*Provider (ISP) or Email provider for more details.***************************
Important*Note:*The user name requirement will vary by Internet Service Providers.
For example AT&T requires using the full email address, [email protected], while comcast requires only the user name.**************************
Try both variations, or contact your ISP for more details.****

POP3/IMAP Account Server Type Incoming Server Incoming Port Use secure server Verify Certificate Outgoing Server Outgoing Port Use secure server Verify Certificate
Aim.com IMAP4 imap.aim.com 143 No Yes smtp.aim.com 587 Yes Yes
aol.com IMAP4 imap.aol.com 143 No Yes smtp.aol.com 587 Yes Yes
att.net POP3 pop.att.yahoo.com 995 Yes Yes smtp.att.yahoo.com 465 Yes Yes
bellsouth.net POP3 pop.att.yahoo.com 995 Yes Yes smtp.att.yahoo.com 465 Yes Yes
charter.net IMAP4 mobile.charter.net 993 No No mobile.charter.net 587 No No
charter.net POP3 mail.charterinternet.com 110 No No smtp.charterinternet.com 25 No No
comcast.net POP3 mail.comcast.net 995 (or 110) No No smtp.comcast.net 587 No No
cox.net POP3 varies by location 995 (or 110) Yes Yes varies by location 587 (or 465) No No
earthlink.net POP3 pop.earthlink.net 110 No No smtpauth.earthlink.net 587 (or 25) No No
excite.com POP3 pop3.excite.com 110 No Yes smtp.excite.com 25 No Yes
flash.net POP3 pop.att.yahoo.com 995 Yes Yes smtp.att.yahoo.com 465 Yes Yes
gmail IMAP4 imap.gmail.com 993 Yes Yes smtp.gmail.com 465 Yes Yes
Go Daddy Accounts POP3 pop.secureserver.net 995 (or 110 w/out Secure connection) Yes Yes smtpout.secureserver.net 465 (or 25 w/out Secure connection) Yes Yes
hotmail POP3 pop3.live.com 995 Yes Yes smtp.live.com 587 No Yes
lycos.com POP3 pop.mail.lycos.com 110 No Yes smtp.mail.lycos.com 25 No Yes
mac IMAP4 mail.mac.com 993 Yes Yes smtp.mac.com 25 No No
me POP3 mail.me.com 993 Yes Yes smtp.me.com 25 No Yes
mindspring POP3 pop.mindspring.com 110 No No smtpauth.earthlink.net 587 (or 25) No No
msn.com POP3 pop3.live.com 995 Yes Yes smtp.live.com 587 Yes Yes
netzero.net POP3 pop.netzero.com 110 No Yes smtpauth.netzero.com 587 No Yes
optonline POP3 mail.optonline.net 110 No No mail.optonline.net 587 No No
pacbell.net POP3 pop.att.yahoo.com 995 Yes Yes smtp.att.yahoo.com 465 Yes Yes
Roadrunner POP3 varies by location 110 No No varies by location 587 (or 25) No No
sbcglobal.net POP3 pop.att.yahoo.com 995 Yes Yes smtp.att.yahoo.com 465 Yes Yes
snet.net POP3 pop.att.yahoo.com 995 Yes Yes smtp.att.yahoo.com 465 Yes Yes
swbell.net POP3 pop.att.yahoo.com 995 Yes Yes smtp.att.yahoo.com 465 Yes Yes
verizon.net POP3 incoming.verizon.net 110 No Yes outgoing.verizon.net 25 No Yes
windstream.net POP3 pop.windstream.net 110 No No smtp.windstream.net 587 Yes Yes
yahoo.com IMAP4 imap.mail.yahoo.com 143 No No smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com 587 No Yes

Emails*may reappear according to your POP3 email settings. Use a computer to enable*the "Delete from server" option on your email provider settings if using a POP3 service.

jw: i see incoming settings on the phone is there any outgoing settings or droid settings i need to know. i can get my corporate info from our help desk
 Reymer: The incoming and outgoing server are listed on the chart.
 jw: ok let me try to reset the email and see if that fixes the problem. have you heard of this being an issue for others. if the problem still exist what is my next step
 Reymer: This is the first time I have encountered that issue.
 Reymer: If that does not work, I suggest we do a factory data reset.
 jw: I need to go now.have an appt soon. *i will try resetting up the emai; account later today. If I need to do a factory data reset. what should i know. is this done from the phone itself? under what? will i lose everything stored on the phone?
 Reymer: Factory Data Reset is a tool used to remove everything that was imported, added or installed on the device.

WARNING: When using this feature; everything is deleted. Nothing stored on the MicroSD will be affected.

Important Note: Your contact and email information is automatically backed up to the Gmail server. *Your information will be restored when you login with your user name and a password.

To Perform a Reset

Open the Applications Tray. (arrow pointing up located in the middle at the bottom of the display screen)
Touch Settings
Touch Privacy
Touch Factory data reset
Touch Reset Phone
Touch Erase Everything
 Reymer: If the issue is not resolved after doing all the steps, let me inform you that most Motorola phones and accessories have a standard one year warranty barring physical or liquid damage from the date of purchase.

Reymer: I suggest that you send in your phone at our repair facility and have it evaluated by our repair technicians. If proven that it did not suffer physical or liquid damage, that will be repaired for free.

Let me just inform you of the repair time frame, it will be 5-7 business days from the date we receive your item before it will be sent back to you.
 Reymer: I suggest that you send in your phone at our repair facility and have it evaluated by our repair technicians. If proven that it did not suffer physical or liquid damage, that will be repaired for free.

Let me just inform you of the repair time frame, it will be 5-7 business days from the date we receive your item before it will be sent back to you.
 Reymer: I will be sending you another email containing the instructions on how to request for a repair service so if in case you decide to send your phone for repair, you can do this one immediately.
 Reymer: Will there be anything else?

Steve3B1619

Reaction score
Nenetoes - did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the same issue and would love to know how to get this fixed. I tried to remove the exchange account and re-add it but I still can't forward emails with headers