Can't for the life of me root my 2.1 droid

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Ath315t, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Ath315t

Ath315t New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been here, droid-life, android forums, and Google searched the holy hell out of rooting my 2.1. I had a different phone that I lost that I had rooted at 2.0.1. I've tried using rsd lite woth no avail. It either wont let me start and now it can't even tell my phone is connected. I'm running vista which is probably the main issue. I'm trying to root to put foryo on, but am pissed. Not to mention I'm using the phone to connect to the net which takes up so much time. Someone please help. I live around Rochester and Syracuse Ny and will drive if someone can guarantee results. Or if you could help me get around rsd lite. I'm not computer illiterate by any-means. I can't open rsd in admin, but I've tried everything you can see on the net.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  2. kpiskin

kpiskin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm in the same boat mate. However, I think I'll wait for a later version to come out considering all the stuff that still doesn't work on it. It's not ready for Droid prime-time.

3. wild1210

wild1210 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  4. skourg3

skourg3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you have the Motorola drivers installed on your computer for your phone? There are both 32-bit and 64-bit drivers available, use whichever is appropriate for you. I don't have links for them handy, but you can find them around these forums somewhere. That could be why RSDLite wont find your phone.

5. Kmart95

Kmart95 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    To run rsd lite as administrator on vista you need to navigate to Computer>Local Disk C:>Program Files>Motorola>RSD Lite, then when you get there right click on SDL.exe and select run as administrator. And it should open rsd lite with admin access.

6. mithu

mithu Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hmmm. It seems that u dont have Admin priv on ur user account. Is the computer ur personal or like shared?