Can't find videos...

hodzih398

Reaction score
I downloaded a few videos and then cleared the download list... I can't seem to find where they were downloaded to though. The videos were just a bunch of numbers for the file name so I can't search them. Anyone know the download path? I cleared em from the DL list and checked my space on my SD card and it didn't change, so they are somewhere...

R

racklefratz

Media always stores on the SD card. If they're not there, they're not there.

OP
H

hodzih398

Reaction score
So there isn't like a set destination? The video are approx. 50 megs each... I cleared 2 at a time and checked the space on the sd card before and after and it didn't change... >.<

Silver Member
Reaction score
all downloads go to the downloads folder on the sd card. are you sure they completed downloading at that size? my guess is you cleared them from the list before they completed.

OP
H

hodzih398

Reaction score
Yeah I let them finish... because in order for me to access the video I have to go to the dl list and select them to watch them. Is there supposed to be a downloads folder somewhere on the phone??

sterdroids

Reaction score
I downloaded a few videos and then cleared the download list... I can't seem to find where they were downloaded to though. The videos were just a bunch of numbers for the file name so I can't search them. Anyone know the download path? I cleared em from the DL list and checked my space on my SD card and it didn't change, so they are somewhere...

Did you dl videos from the video camera or files off the web? files off the web, how?

thanks!

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I let them finish... because in order for me to access the video I have to go to the dl list and select them to watch them. Is there supposed to be a downloads folder somewhere on the phone??
it's on the SD card like everyone said. use a file browser if you can't find it. download Astro or ES.

R

racklefratz

So there isn't like a set destination? The video are approx. 50 megs each... I cleared 2 at a time and checked the space on the sd card before and after and it didn't change... >.<

I can't answer about the destination; I haven't tried to download and store any videos yet. The other response about a "Downloads" folder might be correct. All I can speculate, like others, would be that your downloads didn't complete.

All I've done so far is to copy a 186MB video I created from my PC to my Droid SD card, and it stored and plays fine. So file size for that wasn't an issue.

But the Droid seems to have some problems right now it needs fixes for. I've yet to hear of anybody being able to "share" a video. I can't, and I've seen others say they couldn't. Always get the "File Too Big" error, no matter how small.

Bluetooth file transfers also seem to be limited to around 300KB. I'm just saying that there may have been something like that with your downloads going on - I don't know.

OP
H

hodzih398

Reaction score
I downloaded astro and it worked... thanks a lot. I knew they were on the card, my problem was locating them... not only to view but to delete too if I can't watch em hah. Thanks again!

R

racklefratz

I downloaded astro and it worked... thanks a lot. I knew they were on the card, my problem was locating them... not only to view but to delete too if I can't watch em hah. Thanks again!

You already tried mounting the SD card on your PC and browsing to see what was there? Couldn't find them that way, but can now? Odd.

OP
H

hodzih398

Reaction score
I didn't do anything with the compiter. I downloaded astro file manager, as 640k advised, and it easily shows the download folder

Silver Member
Reaction score

I can't answer about the destination; I haven't tried to download and store any videos yet. The other response about a "Downloads" folder might be correct. All I can speculate, like others, would be that your downloads didn't complete.

All I've done so far is to copy a 186MB video I created from my PC to my Droid SD card, and it stored and plays fine. So file size for that wasn't an issue.

But the Droid seems to have some problems right now it needs fixes for. I've yet to hear of anybody being able to "share" a video. I can't, and I've seen others say they couldn't. Always get the "File Too Big" error, no matter how small.

Bluetooth file transfers also seem to be limited to around 300KB. I'm just saying that there may have been something like that with your downloads going on - I don't know.
videos can be shared via youtube on a wifi connection. if you record video in the MMS setting, you can share them via MMS or GMAIL. I just recorded a 15s video and sent it to my work email and it sent just fine.

R

racklefratz

videos can be shared via youtube on a wifi connection. if you record video in the MMS setting, you can share them via MMS or GMAIL. I just recorded a 15s video and sent it to my work email and it sent just fine.

Wifi has a lot more bandwidth.