Can't find the info on removing the 2.0.1 music app

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by skidemn, Mar 14, 2010.

1. skidemn

skidemn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    A couple months ago when the 2.1 goodies were released for 2.0.1 there was a thread about having two music icons in the app drawer, and how to get rid of the old one. At the time I was not rooted so I was stuck, but now that I'm rooted I cannot find the thread that tells how to get rid of the 2.0 music app so I can just have my 2.1 showing up in the app drawer. Anyone remember how to do this?

2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I did quite a bit of searching and I couldn't come up with it. Bumping to see if anyone else can help.

3. jasonb

jasonb Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    purchase and download "root explorer" from the market. it's a file explorer like Astro or ES that lets you modify files on the actual phone, not just the SD card. go into /system/apps and delete or rename what you don't want.

you can delete it, or you can rename it to .bak instead of .apk if you don't want to delete it but not have it as a working app. renaming it pretty much just hides it, but it'll allow you do go back and rename it to .apk in case you'd like to restore it later on.

root explorer is a great program, i use it all the time. you'll most likely find other uses for it in the future so it's a good app to have, and it's cheap.

4. skidemn

skidemn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, that worked. The 2.0.1 music app was the only one in the folder which makes me wonder where the 2.1 music app is located. In any case, I'm a happy camper now!