Can't find GPS

DaDroidDude

Reaction score
Hello All.

I'm in the Denver Metro Area and drive as a Chauffeur.
I'm consistently having problems with the GPS mapping in the mountain town of Evergreen.
Tried it last week and it didn't show my position as accurate, yet my wife's Droid did as she sat in the passenger seat of the same vehicle.

Then, last night, I put in an address to navigate to and it said "follow the directions" but there was a "searching for GPS" at the bottom of the directions and the turn-by-turn didn't work.

It did the same thing when I took my passengers home, then, right after I dropped them off at their home, the turn-by-turn began working again.

I know; Murphy's Law.
Go Figure.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
B

hashsi99

Reaction score
I've been having this problem ever since the last Google maps update. Restart the phone, it fixes it temporarily.

Dawg

Reaction score
GPS sucks as of late I live in a wide open area, and i am constinatly searching for GPS its basically useless

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try these steps. If one doesn't help, proceed to the next:

- Cycle GPS off and then on
- Power cycle the Droid
- Dial *228, select option 1

Lebowski

Reaction score
Try these steps. If one doesn't help, proceed to the next:

- Cycle GPS off and then on
- Power cycle the Droid
- Dial *228, select option 1

I'll try this now. I am in the same boat as dozens of people here it looks like. Everything was fine and then with the Google Map Update - my status is always "Searching for GPS" now when I try to navigate. Never works - so frustrating.