Can't end calls

Jayteebubba

Reaction score
In the last few days, I sometimes encounter a problem with ending calls. There isn't a button or location on the screen to make the phone pad appear so I can end a call. I went to the Verizon store and requested to speak to an "expert" on Droids and he had no idea at all why it would do that. It didn't do it new but it is only a week old. The problem started about 3 days ago.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hold on.. the screen comes on when you pull it away from your face, yes? if so, what is on the screen? i mean, what exactly is different than before?

Schaeffa

Reaction score
In the last few days, I sometimes encounter a problem with ending calls. There isn't a button or location on the screen to make the phone pad appear so I can end a call. I went to the Verizon store and requested to speak to an "expert" on Droids and he had no idea at all why it would do that. It didn't do it new but it is only a week old. The problem started about 3 days ago.
i think you might have to get a new Droid because the mechanics in the phone probably became corrupted somehow

OP
J

Jayteebubba

Reaction score
Ending Calls

The screen usually reappears with the "droid" green guy and options such as end call, speaker, touch to activate keypad etc. My screen (way better than half the time) stays black. I can often hear talking on the phone but I cannot get the screen to reappear so I can end call.

Sicko

Reaction score
I’ve got this bug a few times on two different droids. I’m not sure what causes it though. Where you conference calling by chance? I’m pretty sure I was so maybe that has something to do with it.

If you plug your phone into the charger the screen will come back on and everything will be back to normal.

OP
J

Jayteebubba

Reaction score
Not conferencing or anything fancy. I uninstalled all of my aftermarket apps and it seems to be doing fine now. I am waiting to reinstall them one at a time and see which one may have caused the glitch. I will report back to the forum if I discover anything helpful.

wkwaggoner

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid turbo 2
had same issue today for the first time, i was on a wired headset, phone in cupholder, and caller was on car bluetooth....caller hung up, but apparently the line stayed open with a lot of static that could have been the caller getting out of the car....i don't know how i did get it to hang up....but i was hitting a whole bunch of stuff and then the droid tel screen appeared and was able to hit the end call button after a good 45-60 seconds....i thought it was a bluetooth thing holding the line open as i was driving when it happened....the bluetooth car had a oem bluetooth, and i seem to remember with my old kg dare, this could have happened a couple of times also....just a fyi

wkwaggoner

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid turbo 2
hmmmm....installed trapster last night as i think about it....this afternoon there was an update to it....also this evening my battery really drained fast in 1 hour from full to "warning"....nav was on, was talking, nothing else was on....i wonder if that app-or that code was a part of this....more fyi

HATEFUL

Reaction score
Just pull down the notification bar on the top of the screen (where you get messages )and end call there.