Can't download Swype - GPA013

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by RockinRealtor, Mar 18, 2011.

1. RockinRealtor

RockinRealtor New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just installed the GPA013 ROM yesterday and all seems to be going well except I am having problems downloading things. Got an email last night with an attachment and it took forever to download but finally did. And today I got an email from the Swype beta program that a new beta version was available. I clicked through the email to download it and it just hangs there in the Downloads screen. It says "In Progress" but no part of it has actually downloaded. It stays at 0%. I've tried powering off and on and pulling the battery. Also tried downloading from the secondary download on the Swype website. Anyone have a suggestion on what could be causing this? I've never had any problems downloading apk's before (before Bugless that is) and no other changes to my environment, etc. Thanks!

2. edlow

edlow New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same here... found a link in the Swype forums to download to my PC, then just transferred the .apk to my phone.

3. PetRiLJoe

PetRiLJoe Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm having what seems to be the same issue in downloading Swype. So I'm using a different keyboard for now.

@ edlow : I have had trouble in the past with Swype APKs that were not installed via the Swype installer APK first; they always stopped working and were tap-only (no Swyping) after it expired or something. I guess it was some restriction they put on their APKs but I really don't know. Anyway just a heads up. *edit* Hey guess what I guess I skipped over the part where you got it from the Swype forums! I'm guessing since you found it somewhere official it won't crap out on you. I always got mine from other sources before I finally got into Beta lol. So nevermind I suppose.

Search tags for this page

swype for htc thunderbolt download