Solved Can't download music from Amazon app

silverfang77

Reaction score
As you can see in the image, the check marks are grayed out. Download Only Over Wifi is unchecked. Is there something about my tablet that doesn't jive with Amazon Music?
b6ac4723fe5b66dc52dc4dbb3d2767a9.jpg

Thank you.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
What device are you experiencing the issue with? This is the Note 4 forum, but your post mentions "my tablet." I just want to make sure that we know what device you're using. :)

In the Amazon Music app on my Note 4, those grayed out check marks (along with the grayed out download button) seem to only appear next to songs and/or albums that I already have on my device (music already stored on my SD card that wasn't downloaded through the Amazon app). The fact that there's a check mark over the grayed out download buttons seems to confirm that as well, showing that it's already on my device. It doesn't do that for every song/album that's in my Amazon library that's also already on my device, but I'd assume that's due to differences in the ID3 tags. In fact, all of the music through the Amazon music app that's showing the check marks grayed out is music I uploaded to Amazon, so the ID3 tags are identical to the MP3s stored on my device.

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
My bad. I have a Galaxy Tab.

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
Thanks.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Thanks.

You're welcome. :)

Do my observations on the Amazon Music app match up with yours? Is it possible those grayed out check marks means those songs are already on your tablet (even if they weren't downloaded by the Amazon Music app).

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
The thing about that is, the song I had just purchased also had the gray checkmark, but was not on my device.

I just bought another song that I know I don't have on my device. It also has the gray arrow and can't be downloaded.

Last edited:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
The thing about that is, the song I had just purchased also had the gray checkmark, but was not on my device.

Are automatic downloads enabled in the app? If so, a song you just purchased would be downloaded to your device right after you bought it. That would explain the grayed out check mark by it. I believe automatic downloads are enabled by default in the app.

You can enable/disable automatic downloads in the app settings.

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
WTH? There is no way those songs could've downloaded that quickly and without me seeing them in the notification blind. Yet, there they are in my music folder. That's insane speed.

Thanks for the help.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
WTH? There is no way those songs could've downloaded that quickly and without me seeing them in the notification blind. Yet, there they are in my music folder. That's insane speed.

Thanks for the help.

Anytime. Glad we got it figured out.