Can't delete any email accounts - Droid X

Hodakaguy

Reaction score
I have three yahoo email accounts set up on my X. If I try to delete one of the accounts it says I can't.

I go into manage accounts, long press the account I want to delete, then press remove account. It asks me if I'm sure I want to remove it then I say yes...it then pops up a message saying "Error removing account, an error has occurred please try again". That's it...it won't delete any account.

Is there a way to fix this other than completely restoring the whole phone? I may just leave it alone until the 2.2 update comes and try it again then. It's a pain to re-set up the entire phone it that's what it's going to take.

Anyone else have this issue?

Hodakaguy

jgfr

Reaction score
Related problem deleting an email account

I have a msn.com account that for some reason stopped receiving emails (actually, all my accounts except for the gmail one stopped receiving emails). I decided to delete the accounts and reinstall them...

the comcast.net one deleted and reinstalled just fine, but the msn.com one, after attempting to delete, still shows up but if I go into account management the username field is "grayed out", the only option is "remove account" and it tells me that the username field cannot be blank (duh).

Meanwhile, that account has started receiving emails again, but the account can't be managed. (power cycled the phone -- doesnt' help)

GenerousKing

Reaction score
Can't Delete Corporate Sync Email Account

I'm having same issue on Droid 2. Any ideas for a solution?

noel0513

Reaction score
Deleting Unwanted Email Accounts

I removed the battery - to reset - then went to the email account I wanted removed by opening menu box (meaning, I didn't just tap on the email account. Open it by keeping your finger on the email account for more than a second. A menu box would open). Select Remove Account. I was getting frustrated myself. But did this and I'm ok now.

fingerchicken

Reaction score
The answer is to turn on your wifi. I don't know why but that's what your phone needs. Figured it right before I was ready to hit the reset button. Hope that helps

whatsinaname

Reaction score
I have been having this problem too. Unfortunately nothing works. I tried it with WIFI on and no luck.

Still receiving mail and all, so no harm, but its one of those "little things" that bugs me. :)

Thanks for the ideas tho.

fingerchicken

Reaction score
I have been having this problem too. Unfortunately nothing works. I tried it with WIFI on and no luck.

Still receiving mail and all, so no harm, but its one of those "little things" that bugs me. :)

Thanks for the ideas tho.

Sorry I forgot to add that you should remove all other email apps from the phone as well. Once that is done, do a soft reboot, turn on the wifi, and you should be able to delete the account. Let me know if that works.

(Sorry I typed yesterdays from my phone. Wasnt very complete)

whatsinaname

Reaction score
still no go. Like I said, its all working so I am not to worried, but thanks for trying.

I am sure after the 2.2.1 update gets all squared around and we still have root I may wipe my phone and start over anyway :)

fingerchicken

Reaction score
Bah oh well I guess the only thing I can think of is that you have to be connected to a network when you turn on the wifi.

I understand you dont care lol, but now Im trying to figure out why it worked for me, but not you.

whatsinaname

Reaction score
Ok, got the 2.2.1 update and still cant remove the "ghost account"
Oh well. haha. At some point in the future I am going to wipe/root/rom this baby. I really would like to see the bootloader unlocked or hacked to allow real roms like cyanogen or something, but I haven't heard any news on that for a looooong time. :)