Can't Create Port for Moto Droid to see on QPST

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by baboulou, Jun 24, 2010.

1. baboulou

baboulou Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i have been trying for weeks to create a port on HW Serial Virtual Port, i tried 192.168.16.2, port 11008, and still cant see the phone on QPST, i even unchecked the NVT thing. My computer ip address is 76.108.35.72 and i tried that ip, also i tried 76.108.35.71, and 76.108.35.74 and yes my phone is in diagnostic mode. PLEASE HELP ME ​
  2. Soladzur

Soladzur Member

Ratings:
    +0
    you have to:
    1. Install the motorola driver to let motorola networking device appear in device manager.
    2. Then go to this network interface properties and assign ip address 192.168.16.1 255.255.255.0
    3. if you use XP - go to command-> "cmd" and execute:
    ping 192.168.16.2

If this works - then you can start trying HW VSP. If no ping - then something is wrong with drivers or interface configuration.
  3. tony5664

tony5664 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Steps to connect the motorola droid 2 using hw virtual port for qpst or cdma workshop you must first go to:
    (NO NEED TO PUT THE PHONE IN DIAG MODE LIKE THE REGULAR MOTOROLA DROID WHEN HOLDING T AND POWER)
    (make sure drivers are installed for the droid and wait for windows to recognize the phone)
    1. Settings>applications>development and check the usb debbuing mode
    2. On the top of motorola droid 2 screen you will see a usb symbol>tab it and scroll it down with your finger> tab on the usb connection>will see usb connection>tab on pc mode and hit ok. Under device manager in control panel( pc users) you should see under "portable devices" the name droid 2 or motorola
    3. Open hw virtual port (google it and download it on your pc)
    4.on hw virtual port click the virtual serial port tab and set the port name to com10 or any com port you would like to use>under ip address set it to 192.168.16.2 > port 11008>uncheck external nvt> command port is set as 24 on my pc but i dont think this matters.>now click on create com and it should connect. I had no problems with this and it works for me.
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  4. tmnett

tmnett New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same Issue

I too am having the same issue with "HW". The message I get after following all directions is "Ping to device failed, check device - Can't create serial port with this name". I am mounted to my pc and can see the phone connected in my "Devices" however see NO port tree in Device Manager. Any information on how to correct would be greatly appreciated!
Search tags for this page
connect droid to legacy serial device
droid razr ping to device failed
droid x2 qpst
how connect razr to virtual port
how to connect motorola droid to hw virtial serial port
hw virtual port ping reply failed

hw virtual serial port can't create serial port

hw virtual serial port droid
motorola droid serial port
no phone motorola droid in qpst