Can't create new accounts or get system upgrade

onebohemian

Reaction score
Droid2. About 5 days old now. Today I can't get the phone to load any new accounts (e.g., photo bucket or email). The status bar starts to move across the screen but then just freezes up. I can't use the back menu button. I have to hit the Home button, which will take me back to the home screen. Similarlly, when I try to do the system upgrade check, it just runs "checking for available update, please wait . . . " too. It never finishes any of these processes, even after I leave the phone run for minutes. Thoughts, short of a factory reset?

(This is my second Droid2. First one went back to Verizon after menu lights on four main buttons would not shut off even after factory reset. I was able to load Touchdown to access my corporate email and calendar. I don't use Corporate Sync program because I don't like the 4-number pin code required for that and I had some contacts mix-ups on the first phone when I used CS.)

Thanks for any help with ideas.

Mark

OP
O

onebohemian

Reaction score
Problems gone. Accounts and software upgrade have now loaded. This thing reminds me of Direct TV system updates -- frustrating as can be with no explanation what corporate is really sending out over the satelites. Oh well, at least it works now again.