Can't contain my excitement!

madrush

Reaction score
I received a droid for Christmas and I was hooked instantly. My wife and I had our anniversary in Hawaii this past week and she discovered that there is turn by turn GPS on it as well. I am so pumped for that! And here I was looking to buy a GPS for my car!

Sorry for the thread but as I use this thing, I just can't believe all it can do and I just feel like I have to tell everyone.

It really is THE device to have. :icon_ banana:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
haha, welcome to the board

you gotta explore more around your phone, there's a bunch of suprises in the device.

also make sure to download alot of apps.

I reccommend Handcent for texting and Sportstap if you're a fan of sports

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
First off welcome to the forums madrush.

I'm very satisfied with the Droid as well. It's the best device I've ever owned and the GPS is the icing on the cake.

Enjoy the forums and enjoy the Droid.

Welcome

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I received a droid for Christmas and I was hooked instantly. My wife and I had our anniversary in Hawaii this past week and she discovered that there is turn by turn GPS on it as well. I am so pumped for that! And here I was looking to buy a GPS for my car!

Sorry for the thread but as I use this thing, I just can't believe all it can do and I just feel like I have to tell everyone.

Wait until you see how it does math for you to. Go ahead. Push the search button, then the microphone and give it a math problem. Ask it something like whats 24% or 949 or something similar.

Oh and when navigating you don't even need an address. Just tell it the establishment you want to go to and it will find it and offer to navigate there for you.

OP
M

madrush

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I certainly have been enjoying the journey of discovery on this thing.

Dezymond, I am a big sports fan so I'll look into that. And thanks Hook, you just found another feature for me to play around with. :icon_ devil:

mattygabe

Reaction score
Haha, that's awesome you were able to find the GPS. That would've been an interesting conversation at the return counter after the discovery... ha!

SANhacker

Reaction score
hookbill;206501 Wait until you see how it does math for you to. Go ahead. Push the search button said:
WOW! That's amazing. I had no idea it could do my math for me !!! Thanks.

hyperlite456

Reaction score
[/quote]
Wait until you see how it does math for you to. Go ahead. Push the search button, then the microphone and give it a math problem. Ask it something like whats 24% or 949 or something similar.

Oh and when navigating you don't even need an address. Just tell it the establishment you want to go to and it will find it and offer to navigate there for you.[/QUOTE]

I've had my droid since November 7th and had no idea about the math either. Thanks!!!

samiusmc

Reaction score
-

I know the feeling. The Droid is truly amazing. One thing that I really am excited about is the cordless wifi tethering. It turns your Droid into a wifi hotspot so you can walk around with a wifi hotspot in your pocket. The other day I was having lunch where someone needed to access the net for work and there was no wifi available so I turned my tethering on and they were on in a minute. Needless to say, they were impressed and had no idea how I did it. Very cool! Welcome aboard.

stuntmole

Reaction score
Do you need to be on some special data plan w/Verizon to be able to WiFi-tether, or can anybody do it?