Can't connect to wifi

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Since I updated to jb I can't connect to my wifi. Did an fdr and still no luck
Does your phone "see" the router but just won't connect. If so then reboot your router and go into your wifi settings and clear "forget" any wifi connections that are stored on your phone. Then turn wifi back on and see what happens.

OP
C

Caraujo11

Reaction score
I just talked to Verizon and they contacted Motorola,there is a problem with centurylink routers that they are working on now. There should be a update file coming soon.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I just talked to Verizon and they contacted Motorola,there is a problem with centurylink routers that they are working on now. There should be a update file coming soon.

Glad you got a response.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

OP
C

Caraujo11

Reaction score
Well I talked to motorolla today and they know nothing of this problem. They told me to call my ISP. So I call my ISP and they said it must be a problem with the phones new software since my wifi works on all of my other devices. Anyone else with these issues and if so, was there a remedy?

taperk600

Reaction score
glad I'm not alone

Seems I'm not the only one having wifi connection problems since doing the update. Also lost my speed dial function. Going to verizon store tomorrow but expecting them to tell me to get a new router judging from what I'm hearing/reading here and other forums.....

Anyone else have ideas ?

Zippster

Reaction score
I am having this issue with my Razr too ( along with other "update" issues ) found this on another forum.

The company specifically lists these routers as problematic: Wesetell VersaLink 327W, Actiontec Gt724-WG, Netgear DG834GT, Netgear DG934G (Sky Version), Lynksys WRTP54G, Motorola Netopia 3347-02, Siemens gigaset SE567, Actiontec GT701

seeing as though their blaming other equipment, I wouldnt hold my breath on a fix. Funny thing is, the actiontec routers are the ones supplied by Verizon for their Fios. My actiontec isnt on the list and neither is my one other router....

Zippster

Reaction score
Definitely not simply an equipment issue as the my fios actiontec is not on that list and I've only had it 2 years ( not saying its not older then that though ) and my other router I just bought the other day as a replacement in the network. Has to be some other network protocol thats involved.

Zippster

Reaction score
Talked to high level Verizon Tech tonight and she said that motorola definitely knows they have an issue and are working on it, but have no update scheduled. She again looked up my verizon fios router and it is not on the list so simply buying new equipment isnt the real answer, just hit or miss for some.

Nobody has an answer for a root or such that fixes this?

Zippster

Reaction score
Ok, another "fix" I stumbled upon that some should try if having this issue. Turn off your bluetooth, the instant I did, my phone connected to the wi fi.

Zippster

Reaction score
Ok, another "fix" I stumbled upon that some should try if having this issue. Turn off your bluetooth, the instant I did, my phone connected to the wi fi.

And now it quit working this way.....great software Motorola, jumbled mess of crap.