Can't connect to the internet

kurtw357

Reaction score
I just bought the Milestone which should be able to get 3G with AT&T which I have but I cannot connect at all, even with Edge. I don't know how to go about fixing the issue so if you have any suggestions that would be great.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
I moved your post to it's own thread,
I hope someone may be able to help you soon.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
doesnt att require sim cards to connect to their network. It was that way with my iphone and htc tilt.

OP
K

kurtw357

Reaction score
Yeah, i put my sim in and uploaded contacts, but everything i've done on the internet has been through wifi. Do I need to activate something to turn on 3G? It seems like it should be already set up since I had unlimited data with my iPhone

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you may have to set it up with att cuz i switched my sim from tilt to iphone and it would not work. had to have att set it up.

OP
K

kurtw357

Reaction score
Eh... I was hoping I wouldn't have to go into the store and deal with them and their questions. I'm sure they're going to ask me why I bought a phone that AT&T N.A. doesn't even sell. Anyone else have any problems connecting to the internet when they first got the Milestone on the AT&T network?

OP
K

kurtw357

Reaction score
ok, so under status is says "Mobile Network State: Disconnect". How do I change that? Also the mobile network type is just edge, hopefully that can also be changed. Suggestions?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Must admit I am unfamiliar with that. I am doing a google search. I will let you know if I find something.