Can't connect to PC anymore

Reaction score
So I was playin around with my d3 the other day on a PC and normally when connecting my usb icon comes up in the notifications however, after changing from charge only to mass storage mode and unplugging I haven't been able to see my usb icon since.

Phone still charges when connected to my old wall charger that's a hardwired cord (not the usb wall wart) but when trying to connect to my car stereo(usb) or my work PC(usb) or my home mac(usb) I get no icon in my notifications and no lightning bolt on my battery- I DO however get my screen to turn on which communicates to me that the phone is sensing the connection, just unable to connect.

I've tried usb debugging
No help
I've tried going through my applications and clearing/fc'ing anything and everything that has "dock/battery/manager" on it
No help

This happened to me once before when my phone was not rooted and I can't remember how I fixed it, but I feel like its something stupid I'm just way overthinking it, please help.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my brain using thumbs

OP
lastname_firstname
Reaction score
I'm hoping it hasn't come to that point yet...anybody else got some ideas?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Jerminator617

Reaction score
Are you using the cable that came with the phone?
Or are you using another cable you just had lying around

Sent from my rooted DROID3 using DroidForums

i4mt3hwin

Reaction score
Had the same problem, had to return the phone. I tried factory reset and Rslite flash. To the people who say "use the cable that came with the phone". All MicroUSB cables are supposed to be made to specification. If Motorola does some special work on it's cable that's retarded. That being said, I have five motorola USB cables from my multiple droid 1 warranties and two from my droid 3 ones, none of them worked.

This along with my music deletion problem are the two largest problems I've had with my phone. I also think both these problems effect every phone, they just haven't presented in others yet.

OP
lastname_firstname
Reaction score
that's not good news at all. I don't wanna return my phone I'm not confident I can restore it to factory

OP
lastname_firstname
Reaction score
Plus what happens to all the apps I've paid for if I get a new phone??

NoBloatware

Reaction score
People have solved this using the cable that came with the phone. One person said the Moto cable didn't work but another cable did, so try any and all cables that you have.

OP
lastname_firstname
Reaction score
Good 2 kno.
Note: I have been using my d3 cable to connect to pc and car etc...I don't have another one. This is the problem cable. My old LG charger is what I use to charge my phone and it works fine.

OP
lastname_firstname
Reaction score
Factory reset??

So....this fixed the problem....but now I've run into a plethora of other problems...for 1, superuser is acting like bloatware now- I can't uninstall it. On top of that titanium backup will install off the market but its nowhere to be seen in my app drawer....this is like everything I've read about compounded anybody have an end all cure all? I've already lost all my contacts and pictures so im ready to try anything

Edit:
TB needed the free version to see the pro version.
everything is back to normal as far as apps and data goes...i think.
contacts were lost (forgot to back up on SD DOH!)
superuser still will not give me the option to uninstall through the app menu

Im pretty sure this is going to happen again at some point in the future if anybody knows why or how it happens please post or link here TY.

Last edited:

rvcjew

Reaction score
So....this fixed the problem....but now I've run into a plethora of other problems...for 1, superuser is acting like bloatware now- I can't uninstall it. On top of that titanium backup will install off the market but its nowhere to be seen in my app drawer....this is like everything I've read about compounded anybody have an end all cure all? I've already lost all my contacts and pictures so im ready to try anything

Edit:
TB needed the free version to see the pro version.
everything is back to normal as far as apps and data goes...i think.
contacts were lost (forgot to back up on SD DOH!)
superuser still will not give me the option to uninstall through the app menu

Im pretty sure this is going to happen again at some point in the future if anybody knows why or how it happens please post or link here TY.

You can not uninstall superuser it is in /system you can only do it by deleting the file associated with it? Are you trying to unroot or fix it? EDIT: read the above posts I didn't see DOH lol anyway if your still trying to unroot you need to use the cable that came with your phone, the root application must also be the desktop of your pc.

Beamed from my SteelDroid D3

Last edited:

davishusband

Reaction score
I have the same problem sometimes. Sometimes it works sometimes it don't. It usually depends if my phone wants to be nice to me.

Proud of my bloated D3, I don't miss unstable roms on my D1 at all!