Cant connect to mobile network after i disconnect from WiFi

zeldafan99

Reaction score
basically, if i disconnect from the wifi, the mobile network signal will go gray until i restart the phone. after that it works again, so im basically restarting my phone every time i leave my house...

(also first post)

Last edited:

nexusbjorn

Reaction score
I am having the exact same issue. Once I connect to wifi and try switching back my 3g stays grey and never connects until I reboot my phone. Nothing else works, I've tried airplane mode, network type and even left it on over night and nothing.

Also my first post :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum guys. I've had my GNex since launch day and haven't had that problem yet. Are your phones stock?

nexusbjorn

Reaction score
yes my phone is bone stock and a week old. Very little apps installed as well.

VictoriaStar

Reaction score
I have the same problem. Apparently there is some sort of signal switching problem known and they are in the works of sending out an update for it.

DroidudeAZ

Reaction score
Network connection

I'm on my second Galaxy Nexus, the download speeds are much better with the second one, but I'm having the same problem when I turn off wi-fi. I have to restart the phone. Today, I turned off the wifi and checked the signal, it was reading -120 and it was searching for a signal. I rebooted and the signal showed at -95 and I had a 4G connection. I love the phone, but what a pain in the ass. I have to do this anytime I turn off wifi.

doublea500

Reaction score
you gotta give it some time to connect to the 4g or 3g networks. 4.0.3 slightly helps out with this problem.

nexusbjorn

Reaction score
you gotta give it some time to connect to the 4g or 3g networks. 4.0.3 slightly helps out with this problem.

Yeah OK, I left it over night for 8+ hours and nothing

mrmark27

Reaction score
i'm having a similar problem, however for me its not connecting to 3G now at all. I could get on 4G network and when its on 3G i can text/call but no data. luckily at work I have 4G and at home I can connect to wifi but this is really annoying. I've tried restarting the phone, turned the phone off and pulled the battery for 30 seconds, still no luck getting my 3G data back. Anyone else experience this?

dlc1265

Reaction score
i'm having a similar problem, however for me its not connecting to 3G now at all. I could get on 4G network and when its on 3G i can text/call but no data. luckily at work I have 4G and at home I can connect to wifi but this is really annoying. I've tried restarting the phone, turned the phone off and pulled the battery for 30 seconds, still no luck getting my 3G data back. Anyone else experience this?

I am having the exact same problem. I have 4G or nothing, I have tried switching to CDMA only, pulling the battery, all that stuff....no luck. Any advice?

JaysDroid2

Reaction score
I am having the exact same problem. I have 4G or nothing, I have tried switching to CDMA only, pulling the battery, all that stuff....no luck. Any advice?
yes, go to your store and exchange it, you got 14 days worry free, use it, im on phone 4, 2 with connectivity problems, one with rebooting, call tech support and have them notate your account, they are otherwise......useless. All you can do is let them know there IS a problem and your not the only one with the problem, for a top tier phone there is some sort of expectation of reliability, otherwise just take it back until you get one your satisfied with, ive got high hopes for my current phone, dont take no for an answer, be persistent and good luck

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hate to be "that guy" who tells you to root your phone, but....flashing the leaked 4.0.3 radios makes a HUGE difference in this problem. I have instantaneous handoff between mobile data and wifi.

JaysDroid2

Reaction score
Well yea, there is always THAT, which i have every single intention of also doing, but i really would like to make sure i have as few problems as possible before i root, i really dont want to re lock and un root eveery time i have to exchange my phone, heck, im kinda miffed everytime i exchange i loose another screen protector