1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Can't complete a text!! UGH!

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by bnp121978, Feb 9, 2012.

1. bnp121978

bnp121978 New Member

I've had my smartphone for a few months--it is a Droid by Motorola with a slide out keypad.

For a couple of weeks when I try to write a text I'm lucky to get 2 words down and it either:

1) stops working and takes me back to my home screen

2) I get a "Sorry!" Activity is not responding and gives me the option of Force close, Wait, Report (can't report--because I CAN'T TEXT). lol

3) I get one or two words down, it automatically takes me to the previous screen (my messages) and I have to keep going back and forth between the screens getting one or two words in at a time

4) it doesn't show what I'm typing as I'm typing--then kicks me out.

5) after typing a couple of words there is a delay between my typing and when it shows on the screen, or instead of showing the letters I'm typing weird vertical lines appear.

I have, turned the power on and off, removed the battery, tried texting in different applications such as handcent (which I downloaded after the problem began to see if texting would work in a different application), cleared my data for my texting app's.

No matter if I'm texting through facebook messenger, the texting program that came installed in the phone when I bought it, or the one I just downloaded and tried I can't get the problem to go away.

PLEASE HELP ME.
  2. MrsJennyK

MrsJennyK New Member

I am having the exact same problem. I have a Droid 2 global - slide out keyboard. This started yesterday, out of the blue. This happens whether I'm using the screen or the physical keyboard and it happens no matter the app: Texting, Browser, etc. Anywhere I have to type.

Jenny
  3. thewoodland99

thewoodland99 New Member

I'm having this problem also! My phone did this not long ago and I had to do a complete reset, which fixed it for a while but now it's doing it again. This second spell started with the problem being triggered when I tried to use the ( ) keys, but now it's exactly like you described. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this??
  4. thewoodland99

thewoodland99 New Member

"You've probably have already used factory reset. If you haven't, try this. It worked for me!
    Settings > Language & keyboards > Multi-touch keyboard.

Then:

- Disable 'vibrate on keypress.'
    - Disable 'next word prediction.'
    - Clear learned words."

Here is the link to the thread teanpa posted this solution in http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-tech-issues/178315-not-typing.html

It worked for me!
  5. MrsJennyK

MrsJennyK New Member

Yee ha! It worked perfectly. I am soooooo relieved! Thank you for directing us to that link. I wasn't even sure how to search the forums for this issue.
  6. thewoodland99

thewoodland99 New Member

You're quite welcome, I've had this problem before and did a factory reset, lost everything...and it started again yesterday, it really stinks, I'm just glad someone figured out such an easy fix!
  7. coffeecat

coffeecat New Member

texting issues

Thank you! This worked for me too!
Search tags for this page

droid x2 wont show auto complete when texting