Can't complete 9.16.9 update

karatche

Reaction score
My device is rooted and unlocked bootloader. I haven't used it in some time, (since the bootloader unlock came available I'd say). Now when I use it it is asking to install update 9.16.9.en.US but when I do it reboots and fails the update, and goes to the recovery home (have twrp installed). When I reboot to system it loads and then shuts down back to recovery. I'm guessing I may need to roll back to take the update perhaps - somehow?
Currently running
System Version 9.1.41 XT926. Verizon.en.US
Droid Razr MAxx HD
Andriod Vs 4.1.1
Baseband Version Vanquish_BP_100700.210.64.05P
Build number 9.8.10_39

OP
K

karatche

Reaction score
Should I remove the custom recovery somehow? If i install a new rom will the need to run the ota go away? Could I just install this ([ROM] [JB] [9.20.1] [xt926] RageHD v2.0 [8/22/2013])

Last edited:

WillisD

Reaction score
If you have an unlocked boot loader and you are rooted why not find a stock ROM and a flashable radio zip and flash in recovery

OP
K

karatche

Reaction score
So then I can take the update? even tho I have a custom recovery, or does the stock rom install recovery too? I'm confused.

WillisD

Reaction score
If you flash a custom rom the ota notification will go away, but I'd recommend doing some more reading and research, if it does try to update it will fail because you have a custom recovery. The update looks for the stock recovery if it's not there and you removed bloatware it will make the update fail. Honestly if you're rooted and unlocked you have no need to take the update. There are rooms out that are the same if not newer than the update

vakharia

Reaction score
My father's phone is now in the same status. I have got it unlocked and got that Voodoo stuff on the phone before giving it to him.

He was facing problems with Playstore etc not being accessible, and so he took the OTA update 9.18.x.

Now, he is stuck on the TWRP screen.
What is the easiest way to get the phone back to working? He is in a different place and I cannot assist him much at the moment.