Can't clear voice message icon

rjsurfer

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's a Verizon issue but this never happened until I got JB maybe it's Android ?

Even when new messages arrive and I delete them in the voice mail menu the icon never goes away.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ron

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Try restarting the phone?

A factory reset will wipe your phone, that should be the last thing you do.

Another method you can try is have one of your friends or yourself from another phone leave a voicemail. Listen to the whole message then delete it.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Try restarting the phone?

A factory reset will wipe your phone, that should be the last thing you do.

Another method you can try is have one of your friends or yourself from another phone leave a voicemail. Listen to the whole message then delete it.

+1

Mine usually takes a few to clear. I wouldn't do a factory reset to clear an icon

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I agree, a factory reset while it may solve your problem would probably be overkill.

If the above recommendations don't work, clearing data on an app or two should solve it. I can give directions on how and what to do if the above fails.

OP
R

rjsurfer

Reaction score
Verizon got back to me about the icon issue, they had me go into Apps, All, Phone and clear the data.

Worked like a charm...

thanks

Ron W.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Verizon got back to me about the icon issue, they had me go into Apps, All, Phone and clear the data.

Worked like a charm...

thanks

Ron W.

That was going to be my next recommendation. Glad you got it solved.

bwv565

Reaction score

Worked like a charm...

Thankfully not everybody resets their phone to cure such silly problems. Ron, you're wonderful! :) I did the same thing and it FINALLY cleared the vm icon for me as well. Rogers (Canada) tech support told me it was a bad SIM Card and I needed to go to a store to get a new one. Unreal, isn't it. Anything to get you off the call. Anyway wanted to say a big THANKS for the solution! Cheers.

RocaDroid

Reaction score

Worked like a charm...

thanks

Ron W.
Worked perfectly for me as well! Thank you all for this thread! :)